Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing a small game with my guard, just to remind me how T3 5+ feels :biggrin:

HQ:
-CCS in chimera with 2*meltas 145 points
-Ministorum priest 25 points

Troops:
-Platoon: 168 points
PCS with 4* sniper rifles
2* Combined infantry squads with 2* plasma gun.
-Veterans in chimera and 2* meltas 1* heavy flamer 155 points

Total: 493

I'm not very satisfied with that list. Everything I used to put on 500 points got more expensive, like vendettas and chimeras. Also Vendettas can no longer transport vet squads, which is quite a problem for me, who used to drop them where I wanted.
If you have suggestions for improving that list, or come up with a totally new one, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd either pick the mech idea OR the mass infantry idea for 500 points. Not enough points for both.

Eg Mech, no platoons. Just Vets.

Or infantry, CCS in Chim with infantry blob with weapons and if points are sparse take a Vet squad with no Chim and maybe carapace. Arm everything with heavy weapons at least and use them orders.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok then: mech it is :D

HQ:
CCS in chimera with camo netting and dozer blade 2* Melta gun
Troops:
-Vet Squad in chimera with camo netting and dozer blade 2* Plasma Gun
-Vet Squad in chimera with dozer blade 2*Plasma Gun.

I'm not sure however, how much a guard list with that few man can be viable. The big question is, whether it even is possible to run a mech list on 500 points.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I mean that's still a solid 25 guys and 3 tanks, but perhaps bodies would be better. I think if you stick to the missions and make sure not to engage in fights you don't have to you'll be fine, though you might struggle with some lists. I do like this much better, though, because at 500p most people won't have a ton of firepower that can take out av12, and if you can take out the small bit you'll be set.

One thing I'm a bit confused about is taking a dozer blade over camo netting - do the local tables have an absurd amount of terrain? Normally you won't be going through terrain so it shouldn't be a problem, but against shooting you want the best cover you can get.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As suggested, I dropped the three dozer blades and took another camo netting and this stuff worked really well in the two games I played with this list. I could move along the ruins and I could often keep a low profile against the few anti armor units my opponents had, which meant insane 2+ cover saves. The only guardsmen I lost was due to overheating. ^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts