Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am starting a Blood Angels Army (awesome minis' fault) and I'm trying to do a starting 500 pts block, because I want to paint it all on the way; and as I have never played with SM before (I play with Eldar), I need suggestions:)! For example, 2 Full Tactical Squads or 1 Squad Splitted into 2 Combat Squads? Maybe 1 5 men Assault Squad as well? I love Termis, but I think they wont fit in a 500 points block for starters, althoguh theyre going to be included for sure later :).Sergeants with Power Fist I suppose, things like that :)!; thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
ok first off BA use RAS as their main troops slot

so (assuming you have the codex...if not BUY that FIRST) maybe 2 10man RAS squads with a baal pred...now we need an HQ...atm id go with the recluiarch (?) the chaplain HQ variant

not sure on the points of the units since i do not play them

·
Registered
186 Posts
liby with jp pick 2 powers 125
priest w/jp 75
RAS melta pow wep 125
RAS melta pow wep 125

gives you 50 to play with. add wargear/ more marines. this will give u a good starting point as most people use this type of build, just on a grand scale.

or if u r thinking tanks

liby 2 powers-100
2x priests- 100
RAS pow wep, melta, rhino, 145
RAS pow wep, melta, rhino, 145

with a little left over for wargear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot! Yep I have the Codex :)

I think Ill Start with

liby with jp pick 2 powers 125
priest w/jp 75
RAS melta pow wep 125
RAS melta pow wep 125

Better a Librarian than a rechlusiarch? thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Librarian with Sanguine sword is a wrecking ball
in my last game vs necrons i was down to 4 assault marines with a priest and the libby (I lost a lot of guys just getting to where I was going)
But when they got there I killed 2 11 man squads of warriors and a squad of 5-6 destroyers without losing another man
The libby is an all star

at 750 you can run 2 10 man assault squads with 2 meltas a piece- or flamers in a squad if you want- with 2 priests and jump packs and a libby with jp
that should all fit

·
Registered
173 Posts
you dont need the jump pack for the librarian just use wings of sanguinius if you want him to be a super heavy hitter give him the sword power as well.

also later when you are playing larger point games put sanguinary priest in terminator armor in your terminator squads they will be rediculously hard to kill should be lots of fun(2+5++4+++ haha)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts