Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started and want to play some of the newbie 500 point games at my local comic shop.

I don't really know what I'm doing although I've been reading the rulebook and the codex so hopefully you guys will have some suggestions :)

Total Faith: 4

Adepta Sororitas Heroine - 100
Jump Pack
Inferno Pistol
Power Armor
Bionics

Priest 45 - attached to storm bolter sisters
- Purity Seal

Battle Sisters x 9 - 164
Veteran Superior
-bolt pistol
-close combat weapon
2x Storm Bolters
Imagifier

Battle Sisters x 10 - 177
Veteran Superior
-bolt pistol
-close combat weapon
Heavy Flamer
Meltagun
Imagifier
Krak Grenades

Total: 486

I have a few spare points and not really sure what to put them in. Also not really sure if some of the stuff I'm bringing (purity seals, imagifiers) is going to be worth it in a 500 pt game?

·
Registered
564 Posts
the first major thing i notice is that you have only 9 sisters in your first unit. unfortunately sisters are 10-20, so you need to rectify that.

your priest is also going to take away the major strength of the sisters - rapid firing. at this level, forget the priest as he will be a hindrance.

i would make your first squad the same as your second squad and add eviscerators to both VSS.

also ditch the jump on the heroine as she will be too exposed if she uses the jump pack (looking at your faith point i assume it is a Cannoness rather than a Palatine) and i would give her a blessed weapon as well. if you can squeeze it in, litanies of faith is a good way to boost the faith as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i think that instead of making 2nd squad carbon-copy of the first, you should give them some meltas. i know i enjoy nothing more than to field a land raider in my 500 point games since people tend to have no anti-heavy tank in armies of that size. Against IG at 500 they can usually easily fit in a russ. so anti-armor is important.

you should get rid of the priest and the jump jets. add more sisters or maybe an immolater (once you remove some special equipment etc.)

·
Registered
564 Posts
sorry mate, you have mis-read me. the second squad (with heavy flamer and meltagun) is the one i would duplicate. personally i think two melta guns would more than suffice at 500pts.

sadly there is nowhere for an immolator to fit. at 500 points, even if you took the immolator as a heavy choice (which you would need to do as there isn't room for Celestians, dominions or retributors at this level) the points are too tight.

actually, if you don't really want to play more than 500 points to start with, you could see if you can play combat patrol instead. that way, with only 1 compulsory troops choice and no compulsory hq, you could get a chance to try out the other elements of the army as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts