Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey. This is using new codex. I chose speed freaks because I like the look of them, with their motorbikes and their red...

HQ

Warboss w/ Warbike and Power Klaw: 125
Troops

12 x Slugga Boys / Nob w/ Power Klaw
Trukk w/ Red Paint Job: 147 total

12 x Slugga Boys / Nob w/ Power Klaw
Trukk w/ Red Paint Job: 147 total

Fast Attack

3 x Warbikers: 75 pts.

Total: 494 pts.

I plan to get my troops there ASAP and use the terrain to my advantage and harass/flank with the warbikers. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Are your boyz sluggas or shootas?

Other than that, a power klaw for your warboss might not be remiss. You can do without in 500pts but it's really nice for taking out tanks at this point level.

I personally don't like mechanized orks for reasons stated here http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5128&page=2

Basically, they're too easy to kill and too little punch in the trukk. One heavy bolter can easily take out the trukk and/or on average 5 boys in it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chages in edit: Changed Ork Boyz TO slugga Boyz.
Reduced Warbokers from 4 to 3
Gave Warboss a Power Klaw

Ok, I added the changes. I made them Slugga since Ork Boyz only have a BS of 2 so...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
For trukkers slugga boyz are a decent idea. I like to use 2 big mobs of 30 shoota boyz for walking though. Shoota boyz are actually one of the best ranged units in the game. The only have a BS of 2 but they have a decently strong assault 2 weapon and still roll most enemy force in CC with their 2 basic attacks per model or 3 on the charge. Shootas in a battlewagon are pretty cool because essentially you've got a battlewagon that can move 12" (13 with red paint) and then fire 34 str 4 shots and 6 str 5 all of which have decent range, which average out to 11.3 str 4 hits and 2 str 5 hits and can usually mean a few dead marines or a lot of dead guardsmen/fire warriors. I actually surprised my opponent today by nearly wiping out a full fire warrior squad at range. Orks make up for accuracy with volume.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You DO realize this is a 500 pt army right? Just so were on the same page. And lets try to keep comments on this army ONLY please.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
For 500 points, it's workable. If you're worried about anti-tank punch, wreckin' balls are definitely in order for the trukks. Those things are crazy mean and are suitably Orky. I'm not sure where you'd put them points-wise though. Maybe give one of the Nobz a Big Choppa instead of the klaw... he's S7 on the charge with that thing, so your anti-tank purposes are handled almost as well with it as the klaw, but twenty points cheaper. You could also possibly upgrade a biker to a nob with a big choppa for the points difference, as well, if you don't use wreckin' balls. The simple drop of one klaw ought to cover that cost, I think.

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
If you're worried about anti-tank punch, wreckin' balls are definitely in order for the trukks. Those things are crazy mean and are suitably Orky.
Maybe give one of the Nobz a Big Choppa instead of the klaw... he's S7 on the charge with that thing, so your anti-tank purposes are handled almost as well with it as the klaw, but twenty points cheaper. You could also possibly upgrade a biker to a nob with a big choppa for the points difference, as well, if you don't use wreckin' balls. The simple drop of one klaw ought to cover that cost, I think.
As stated, The warboss doesn't need the Klaw(bike+ mobility+ big chopper= rear armour); I'd go for the Orky wrecker-ball option (chancy as to trukk survival statistics) or have the biker Nob with a Klaw, which would be better.

I have found the latter option to be very effective in this level of game. Even a good chance of surrounding an embarked Rhino (loaded up), with trukks either side then have the bikes "PoP" the rear from close range (1") or assault. Blocking the access points from 1" away, the troops inside can't get out, therefore are destroyed!!
Think about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts