Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface: I'm an uber-noob. I openly declare this, I'm still looking for my first game so if I sound stupid...it's cuz I am. Constructive comments pls?

HQ: 90pts
Librarian -90pts
+ Mastery Lvl 2

Troops: 180pts
Tactical Squad -110pts
+Flamer
+Drop Pod

Scout Squad -70pts
+Camo Cloaks
+Sniper Rifles

Heavy Support: 230pts
Predator -95pts
+Heavy Bolters

Vindicator -135pts
+Siege Shield

Thought Process: 2-3 Units that can grab objectives, Pred and Vin take out any enemy Vehicles as fast as possible then start cutting down any enemy Inf they can. Lib serves as support for the tac squad while snipers camp one objective and take shots at enemy HQ or Elite Troops

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I really like the list, but watch out for Unbound lists. What discipline are you thinking of for the Librarian? There was a good thread kicking around that discussed just that topic, seems Telepathy is the solid choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What discipline are you thinking of for the Librarian?
I was thinking I would take Biomancy against an enemy with higher armor values, and Telepathy for a more hoard-y enemy.

I was also considering replacing the Vindicator with a Stormtalon Gunship but I need to get one first so for now the Vin gets to stay.

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
124 Posts
good shout on the stormtalon. May be only a small army, but if the vindicator is included it easily becomes a priority threat, and as such, a bullet magnet.

Either a ST gunship, or another predator. Arm both with lascannons and the other army will have to pick a target, leaving your troops to capture objectives with relative ease (assuming you can take out any anti-infantry pieces early on)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the Vindicator, yes, it's a bullet magnet. But use that to your advantage. Give the opponent the option to leave it alone and get the 'pie plate of DOOM', or focus on the Vindie (high survival rate for a 500 point game w/ 13 front) and then the rest of your army is safe.
For a 500 point list I think the Stormtalon's ability would be mitigated since he won't be shooting every turn (reserves, then ongoing reserves again). With 500 points you want everyone on deck (making the single drop pod a viable idea). MAKE SURE YOU PUT THAT POD ON AN OBJECTIVE SINCE IT HAS OBJECTIVE SECURED! My enemy always forgets about the drop pods OS status, and cries when at the end of the game I steal 'his' objective and get linebreaker.
One problem is that you only have 10 troop models, and 5 of them will be getting in flamer range. If you are fighting anyone who holds there own in close combat then you will loose that squad on his 'reaction' turn.
Make sure your snipers are eliminating the actual threats, for example a Lascannon/Flamer/Plasma Cannon, avoid shooting characters since they can quite often make the look out sir (unless the closest model to the character is also a juicy target). Utilize those precision shots wisely with your snipers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the thread about the psychic powers me lord.
*Fetches standard issue Imperial reading glasses*

Hmm very interesting thoughts on the Vindicator/Stormtalon debate, thank you for that. As for the snipers I'm a little worried I'll botch games because I wont know which units to pop with those. I'll do some more reading, thanks for the thoughts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts