Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

With the intro of the new codex I have put together a little list to get started with. Your thoughts are welcome:

HQ
Librarian

Troops
Tac Squad (5)
-Meltagun
-Sgt has meltabombs
Razorback (TL Las)

Tac Squad (10)
-Plasmagun
-Rocket Launcher
-Sgt has combi plasma
Razorback (TL Las)

Cheers :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi,
Id look at swapping out the razorback for the 10 man squad to a rhino, allows you to carry whole unit rather than half, I would also consider a flamer somewhere in your list you have a lot of AP2 & AP1 but no way to wipe a unit from cover effectively. points saved from the razorback could be spent on power weapons for your sergeants to give you a combat edge?

Small changes overall pretty solid. :eek:k:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for that, the rhino makes sense and I will build both tanks with swapable rhino/ razorback tops.
How do you think I should fit a flamer in? maybee exchange the plasma gun for it. Bearing in mind I have already painted the melta guy and he looks pretty cool so I would like to keep him haha.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah a ML & flamer is standard set up for a tactical squad, allows you to deal with all threats near or far. in small point games, having that versatility will really help. :grin:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
What sort of stuff will you be facing? I love MGs as much as the next muhreen player, but if you're not facing armour there's no need for it.

Putting a 10 man squad with a RB, combat squadding them to leave the heavy weapon behind and rushing up with the sergeant/special weapon works nicely if you use it well. I do it with my BA quite a lot, but our tanks are fast so it might be a bit of a different movement schedule for you. As well, if you can macguiver your way into the las/plas turrets for your RBs you'll be a happy camper. I typically don't give them any upgrades, and when I do it's because I'm spamming RAS/RB/TLACs in a BA list...which just isn't the same in 6th. If you really want an upgrade the las/plas gives you anti armour, anti heavy infantry, and a second weapon to blow up at 'weapon destroyed' since RBs don't come with pintle SBs (unless that changed with the new dex).

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i would drop the razor backs in favour of a thunderfire cannon, in a 500 point list you not really going to need the armor or the speed, but a t/f cannon can really help kill anything(depending on blast rolls) just too many wounds to save.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, are razorbacks really overkill then?, the plan was to just laser everything to death, whilst the marines do objectives and deal with weaker troops,

I will be battling eldar, necrons and miss mainly.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i wouldn't say the are over kill. its just in 500 points there is a better way to go, i always use a t/f cannon in 500 its just very versatile,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts