Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing blood angels a while and love the idea of a plain death company army and it makes complete sense to me with all of them howling and succumbing to the thrist before entering battle. Anyways here is my 500 pt. DC list idea

HQ:
Death Company Captain Tycho (175)

Troops:
5 Death Company (100)
-Chaplain (100)

Troops:
Death Company Dread (125)
-Blood Talons (Free)

All in all just a straight forward charge at the enemy and crush them army... tell me what you guys think cuz I'm always up for changing

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's a neat idea, but...

Even at 500 points you need a scoring unit. Otherwise all the enemy has to do is field one more unit. If you look at the basic BA list you see there are multiple way of neutering an army as small as your in seconds. And poor old Tycho is an army of one and half of only 2 AT weapons in your entire army.

Consider this list:
Librarian (100)
RAS-5 w/Lightning Claw, Flamer & Jump Pack (120)
Scouts-5 w/Missile Launcher (80)
Stormraven w/Assault Cannon & Multi Meltas (200)

Both units are scoring. The Stormraven and the Scouts can both easily kill the DCF. And between that firepower and Librarian enhanced CC abilities of the RAS you wouldn't even be guaranteed a win in the assault phase.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Swap Chaplain and Tycho for a Reclusiarch with meltabombs (to give raging squad half a chance to kill a tank or walker).

That would get you enough spare points to buy sniper scouts to sit on the objective and maybe a razorback to save your marines from dying in the open.

(don't think even BA command encourages wasting battle brothers' lives)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya a scoring unit would be good but what about if there was no objectives and it was an annilation mission... would you need a scoring unit for that

and thanks for all the input, those army lists would work out pretty good too! :grin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like your idea because I've so far been too afraid to try out this build. Scorched earth policy FTW!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...tegoryId=900003&pIndex=2&aId=8000031a&start=3

"Instead, a player wielding such an army must remember the Wipeout! rule on page 90 of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook - if the enemy has no units left on the table at the end of the game, you win regardless of victory conditions."

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah but you have to table them... there lies the problem.
Yeah, certainly not an army for situations where a win is a big deal to you. On the other hand completely obliterating someone in a grudge match with 30 dice on the table because your Blood Talons just won't stop would be a satisfying day! :shok:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Taking a weak one trick pony to a "grudge match" would be pointless beyond imagination. It's not like the DCF can just magically appear in the middle of his army and he's going to obligingly pile all his units into that fight.

If you want to table the other guy you've got to overwhelm him so thoroughly that he can't make one lucky shot end your game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts