Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grettings everyone!

I just recently decided to get back into Warhammer Fantasy after a couple years off (Kept playing 40k however)

I met a group through my university and they have a 500pt tournament coming up soon, Below is my list for it. I am hoping to get some suggestions on the lists viability as well as any tactical commentary.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hero: 120 Points

Sorceress, Level 2, Enchanted Shield, (General hope is for Doombolt and Word of Pain)

Core:380 Points

Blackarc Corsairs-140 Points
10 Corsairs, RHxb's, Full Command

Darkshards-130 Points
10 Darkshards, Musician

Dark Riders-110 Points
5 Dark Riders, Shields, Rxb's, Musician

The most basic battle plan with this list is ranged combat. Dark Riders are intended to harass the enemy, Darkshards shooting as the enemy approaches and the Blackarc Corsairs should get some solid shots off with the RHxB's before they are in CC. The sorceress is intended to just deal as much damage as possible.

A couple ideas I have toyed with:
1) Swapping the Darkshards or Dark Riders for Shades
2) Swapping the Dark Riders for a Reaper Bolt Thrower then Tome of Furion, shields on Darkshards and 5pts somewhere else.

I think it should work well but am open to any suggestions!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Your Sorceress cannot take a Shield, as she does not have the option to take Mundane Armour (you are required to be wearing, or have the option to wear armour to take Magical Armour).

At low levels, extra bodies, especially with ranged units is always more preferable, and Dark Elves have some of the best. Is the 120pt limit the max on the Sorceress (it always used to be in Border Patrol back in the day IIRC?)

Dark Riders are ace. The trick with avoidance lists is to avoid the enemy, feeding them cheap targets to get the targets into range. If anything, I'd drop the Corsairs, as they're too short ranged, and pick up another unit of Dark Riders. Not got the book to hand, but does dropping the shields on the Dark Riders make you 100 or 105pts?

I wouldn't give Shields to the Darkshards - a 5+/6++ isn't much at all, and is just wasted points when you could take another Darkshard who fires another shot, and has a chance at killing another model each turn.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Revision 1

Ok what about this:

Hero: 115 Points
Sorceress, Level 2

Core:
Dark Rider Unit-110 Points
5 Dark Riders, RxB, Shields, Musician

Dark Rider Unit-110 Points
5 Dark Riders, RxB, Shields, Musician

Darkshards Unit-166 Points
13 Darkshards, Musician

So this would be a lot of avoidance and harassment. The DR would shot and pick off units until the DS and sorceress are in range. The hope then would be that by the time they get to my DS's that they are wittled down to the point that the DR just charge and mop up.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.