Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my list so far. I'm new to Blood Angels, so it might not be that good.

Librarian w/ jump pack

Scout squad w/ sniper rifles

5x DC w/ jump packs, 1 power weapon

Devastator squad w/ 2 missile launchers

All advice welcome :).

·
Registered
990 Posts
500 points is low, but in all honesty I'd drop the 5 DC for 8 RAS with a fist & a meltagun.

In fact, I'd drop the Scout squad too & use the points to give the Devs 4 missile launchers & get the RAS to a full 10 man if possible.

Dallas

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, arnt the scouts a necessary part of the list as they form one of two troops choices?

I do however second the drop the DCs, they are good, but with only one scoring unit, and having a 4+ save, you will want the extra scoring unit.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surely you don't use the FOC at 500 points?
Why wouldn't you?

About the DC, I want my BA armies to always include at least 1 unit of them, 1 because they're really good game-wise, and 2 I like their fluff (I also want to get Astorath at bigger points battles). Anyway, in objective missions I plan on having the scouts sitting on 1 objective with devastators nearby, there to provide fire support for the DC and the Librarian, who will be going after enemy troops/objectives.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Fair enough, I just don't see the point at 500 points since you'll struggle to get much more than the minimum 1 HQ & 2 Troops. As for Astorath, for me he can only make it into a 2000+ point list, anything less & he's just too expensive.

Dallas

·
Registered
13 Posts
At 500 points it's going to be tricky to fit any DC and enough of everything else you'd need to be scary, but this is true with most armies and even a handful of DC are fairly intimidating (plus it's nice to see people actually use them).

HQ
Libby - Shield of Sanguinius/Unleashed Rage or whatever you prefer

Troops
Assault Squad (5 man) - Meltagun, Infernus pistol, Razorback w/ TL Heavy Flamer and HK Missile

Death company (5 man) - Power Weapon, Infernus Pistol, Razorback w/ TL Heavy Flamer and HK Missile

Fast Attack
Attack Bike - Multi Melta

Thats 500 points and it gives you 2 decently survivable troop choices (with a 5+ cover save from shooting from the libby), and a fast anti tank threat that's also decently survivable. I

would start everything on the board and hop scotch the razorbacks towards the enemy. The bike can turbo boost for the cover save and hopefully draw some fire in turn 1 so you're Razorbacks can move up uncontested. Razorbacks can move 12" and fire their missiles at something or move 18" and pop smoke. Second turn you're bike is a big threat to any enemy armor, and you're Razorbacks should be closer to the enemy.

It's hard to manage a decent 500 point list so just about anything you make will at least be playable (provided you follow FoC or have agreed to not play by it). hope this helped a little and have some fun with the low point games!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts