Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,314 Posts
I recently found a Demolisher cannon in the bits that came along with the guard army I bought not long ago and since slapping it on the front of a Leman Russ it's my go-to tank. At this points level it would be beastly to include, and will still blow tanks up thanks to that AP2. I also prefer Melta Guns over Plasma Guns in my Veteran squads solely because of Get's Hot! and 5+ armour saves. Meltas get other people hot, and can Instant Death up to T4 (which is a ton of Infantry, including a lot of HQs if they're out front after getting mauled by a Demolisher shot) and are better against tanks. Con is you have to get within 12" and they have a lower rate of fire than the Plasma Gun, both of which I am OK dealing with if they're riding in a Chimera.

· Registered
6,314 Posts
Magnets for life, though my Demolisher or Executioner will always hit the table before my Battle Tanks. I have had a ton of success with that pie plate coming up the table on an AV14/13/11 chassis, not so much with the Battle Tank (and I recently played a game featuring one of each as a tester).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.