Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to this game and also these forums I was wondering if youw ould be able to help me piece together a 500 point army of CSM to battle Orks?

I was thinking

Daemon Prince and 3 Terminators in one squad with one guy having a heavy flamer

10 Berzerkers with power weapon, and a designated Rhino

Is this any good?

The units I actually own are Daemon Prince, 5 Terminators, 15-20 Berzerkers, 5 Havocs, and a Rhino.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Your Daemon Prince can't join a squad, he's on his own, which is fine because he holds his own! I wouldn't bother with Termies at 500 points. I'm not sure if you are following force org chart rules with this game, but if so you will need a second squad of troops.

At 500 points the best set-up would be to take a DP, two squads of troops in rhinos and one Obliterator. To acheive this, you may have to take vanilla marines (non-cult) as they are cheaper. The Obliterator will provide great ranged fire support. A winged DP is just plain a menace to your opponent. And the troops can take/hold objectives.

Good luck! =)

·
Registered
268 Posts
My list looks like this...

DP-MoS, Lash

Troops-10 CSM, IoCG, x2Meltas
Troops-5 CSM, IoCG, Plasma Gun, Aspiring Champ w/ TW bolter and Meltabombs

Heavy Support-Obliterator

Thats about it, you'd probably want to change your DP to have MoS and nurgles rot as theese are great against hordes, oblterators are near must-haves at this point level, They're as resilient as Termies except they have more ranged prowess.

Cheers!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Since its orks and at 500 points they rarely take any vehicles (if they did it would prolly be kanz, or a deffdredd, which are food for the oblit)

HQ:
DP with MoS, wings, lash
Troop:
10CSM's 2x flamers
5CSM's champ w/pw 1 flamer
1 oblit
500pts flat
use the lash to pile his boyz together and give them a taste of the flamers and if there is no vehicle to fry with the lascannon from the oblit, drop a plasmacannon too!

Flamers also deny any cover saves he would get from KFF's or cover. so GOOD HUNTING.

Note this list only works on orks, if he brings alot of vehicles (which means less boys to kill) you may have a little more trouble. but the oblit should be able to handle them. besides you still have a DP which gets 2d6 penetration on vehicles

ATAT:
Your list is ilegal,
It adds up to 535 points and that simply will not do with 500pts limit, why bring meltas or plasma to an ork fight? meltabombs? seriously?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Flamers FTW! Most orks only have 5+ armour, so flamers will ignore that (As will bolters). Oblits have twinlinked flamers, when you combine this with lash the result is much ork killing goodness!

If money is tight consider converting a termie into an oblit. If you have the cash you could just proxy a couple of termies, until you decide you must have oblits.

Also in my experience orks are not to be engaged in CC (Unless your a DP). Many people will disagree with this, but I think it's better to stand back and shoot them with AP5 weapons.

If however your facing orks in vehicles or ork nobs, AP5 is not so great, though this is unlikely at 500pts.

Anyway I reckon LolWalrus, I mean BucketWalrus' list is pretty solid. Put together something like that and you should be right.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My list looks kinda like this:
DP:
MoT
Warp Time
Wind of Chaos

[10] Khorne Berzerkers
1-Skull Champion-Power Fist

[2]Obliterator

Facing off against Orks means swarm-tasticness, so that begin said. Go for something that deals a lot of attacks with high rates of damage. DP witht his set up does exactly that. So do the Berzerkers because they are doing what they do best. I don't have my codex in front of me, but I know the Obs is 75 and the Khorne is about 245, demon prince is about 160ish, so add tat and you see about 480 give or take a few points. Want a rhino? Take out an Ob add in some power kicks with the rhino.

·
Registered
803 Posts
My list looks kinda like this:
DP:
MoT
Warp Time
Wind of Chaos

[10] Khorne Berzerkers
1-Skull Champion-Power Fist

[2]Obliterator

Facing off against Orks means swarm-tasticness, so that begin said. Go for something that deals a lot of attacks with high rates of damage. DP witht his set up does exactly that. So do the Berzerkers because they are doing what they do best. I don't have my codex in front of me, but I know the Obs is 75 and the Khorne is about 245, demon prince is about 160ish, so add tat and you see about 480 give or take a few points. Want a rhino? Take out an Ob add in some power kicks with the rhino.
Nice list, but only one troop choice, so generally not legal. If you remove the two troop minimum restriction, this is a good way to go though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
True and you could have two Skull Champions as well I believe witht he points so you would have enough to do some realy fun. Not a massive army, but still big enough to possible do some damage. Also, you would defentily take out a good amount of orks.

Orks<Marines in hand to hand most of the time, I do believe that is a correct statement.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It allows you to re-roll any failed leadership tests, it is a kinda n00by question but if you never had time to look at it than its understandable (the section on it is only about half a page) :grin:

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm on vacation in germany, so I don't have my codex, but try this (don't know points)

chaos lord, MoK daemon weapon

5 chosen 5 flamers rhino

10 zerkers, skull w/ PF, rhino

flamers and melee troops are good against orks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Unfortunately that list is still illegal as chosen are elites. Again, if you split the zerkers into two 5 man squads, it will be legal.

Why do you want chosen? You could have a squad with bulk flamers if you choose havocs. For the chosen you have to pay extra points per model, havocs are the same price per model as a CSM. Admittedly, you can outflank chosen, but is it worth it in a 500 point game?

·
Registered
22 Posts
HQ:
Kharn The Betrayer-165

Troops:
Khorne Berzerkers-162
-Skull Champion

Khorne Berzerkers-162
-Skull Champion

499 Points.
FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jub jub that list would MOLEST other armies that suck at cc (since 500pt games your charging on turn 2 lol

but when your fighting orks nothing is better then mass flamers, and a daemon prince/sorcerer with lash is the best way to go. when the points get larger, bring more firepower, but flamers are still a good option (defiler battle cannon is perfect for that 20-30 man squad of ard-boyz or insta killing nobs)

just build on that list, add more men, bring more heavies, hell another lash is even better

but the list I posted before is a slam-down on any ork dumb enough to take on chaos marines at low points

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bllaaa, lash. Good? Yes But there is something a tad better for orks...

Kharn the betrayer is a no-no 'zerkers are quite a few points and loosing just one of them might cost you the game. Swap him for a DP with wings, Gift Of Chaos, and a mark of some sort. Gift is good against orks 'cause your getting models for free! If you think that a DP with wings is a gay combo with gift then get a sorcerer with MoT and Gift, to oppurtunities to get free models! Good or Great?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts