Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

As the title says...it's a 500 point army, may I add, that over time will grow and the final will end up nearer the 2000 mark

Anyway, here's the list....

Great bray shaman - level 3 - 200pts

Ungor herd of 20 - inc. halfhorn, musician and standard bearer - 115pts

5 ungor raiders - 30 pts

5 ungor raiders - 30 pts

10 chaos hounds - with poisoned attacks - 90pts

Comes in at 465 points

Now, reason for such a small list is the fact I'm just getting into fantasy so thought it would be a good place to start...it's gonna grow, over time.

AND, the reason for so much ungors and no gors? I recently read in the army book that in Reikwald Forrest there is entire tribes of ungors.. So, my army is one of those tribes.

Plus i liked the idea of the shaman grouping together the beastmen to grow and eventually take on the empire and regain their lands, so this shaman has managed to convince this lot of ungors and as the army grows its kinda like more followers to his cause..I like to have a story behind my armies! Pretty much wrote a novel on my 40k army haha.

So, feel free to slate/give me any worthy advise!

Cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd recommend Razorgor herds over hounds.. They fulfill the same role (in your list) but are more manouvreable and tougher in every sense. They lack the poison but are S5+1 so easy decision IMO! It's a weird list and something I wouldn't do, I think but I can see it working so go ahead =)

Oh, and: http://z8.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only reason it's hound is because they are readily available at my local GW and plus I can't actually find razorgors for sale...guessing conversion work required from say Orc boars?

And why thank you I shall see how it goes! Basic troops to help learn the game properly.

And oh cheeky....il have a proper look later on pal!

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
Your lists is illegal, I'm guessing you used the rules in the army book to build your list as in 8th esition you can only spend 25% of your points on lords.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts