Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm having antoher go at putting together a Noise Marine army, and would like to start out at 500 points to get a few games in as soon as possible, and keep me motivated while building.

I'm especially interested in knowing what gear to put on my Lord and Noise Champion: I want to keep the models (with gear) when I expand the army.

Also if someone can point out what I'm missing tools to deal with and what I should focus on adding next that would be super helpful (haven't played many games yet).

My attempt:

CHAOS LORD 125
- Burning Brand, Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh

8 x NOISE MARINES 209
- 6 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, Doom Siren

10 x CULTISTS 63
- 8 Autoguns, 1 Heavy Stubber

10 x CULTISTS 50

RHINO 52
- Combi Bolter, Havoc Launcher

TOTAL 499

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just a few points from my limited knowledge.

Doom siren is for close up shooting so just stick with the distance shooting from the blast master and sonic blaster.

Cultists are better in larger groups so put all 20 together and ditch the auto guns and heavy stubber as they don't kill much. Get them moving up the board while your noise marines cover them with dakka.

That should still keep things simple and fun and give you a few more points to play with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jonny B, I'll play around with it.

The Faq says the Noise Champion gets a free CCW, what weapons can I choose from for this? And whats is the best choice?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also agree with the adding the cultists into one big group of twenty.

I also assume the noise marines and lord and going into the rhino?

So in that case how about dropping the blast master and picking up the icon of excess? Fell no pain for all on board (including the lord) and flame templating out the top hatch. Seems like a fun way to clear objectives to me.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
CHAOS LORD 125
- Burning Brand, Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh

Yes. good choice. BUT: your lord is terribly unsuited for killing 2+ saving models. You could go brand and power axe. altough, with no save, your lord is just dead, when it comes to cc

8 x NOISE MARINES 209
- 6 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, Doom Siren

absolutely don't like this set up. imo, you are mixing apples and potatoes. Blasters are short ranged anti light infantry, blastmasters are longranged anti Meq, doom siren is an assault weapon...i'd go 10 marines, 2 blastmaster and thats all.

10 x CULTISTS 63
- 8 Autoguns, 1 Heavy Stubber

10 x CULTISTS 50

just have 20 cultists and join them with the lord

RHINO 52
- Combi Bolter, Havoc Launcher

why extra combi bolter? otherwise is good

TOTAL 499
So i'd say, with some modifications:

Lord, Brand, Axe, MoSlaanesh, Aura of Dark Glory (140)

10 Noise marines, 2 blastmaster, Rhino w/havoc launchers (287)

15 Cultists, 3 autogun (73)

TOTAL 500 pts

That's my 2 cents. GLORY TO CHAOS!!!

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
So i'd say, with some modifications:

Lord, Brand, Axe, MoSlaanesh, Aura of Dark Glory (140)

10 Noise marines, 2 blastmaster, Rhino w/havoc launchers (287)

15 Cultists, 3 autogun (73)

TOTAL 500 pts

That's my 2 cents. GLORY TO CHAOS!!!
The issue with this list I have is that you lose the I6 on the lord. Thought I do respect the AP2, I would perhaps look at a normal power sourd.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
yes, it was my only concern too. The list would be totally lacking any AP2. Oh well, not likely that a single power axe would help either...

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
yes, it was my only concern too. The list would be totally lacking any AP2. Oh well, not likely that a single power axe would help either...
AP 2 at 500 points? If someone has got an AP 2 HQ your looking at at least 40% of points in one location so you should be able to 'weight of fire' it to death.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, a terminator captain is just 115 pts, if i recall correctly. also, an ork warboss in megaarmour & powerclaw is somwhere in the 110 pts...not so awful, i'd say. also, artificer armours and the new daemonheart are some toys that can be nasty in such small point games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts