Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum. I am a new wh40k player and I am starting off with Dark Angels. I am currently playing in a escalation campaign and my first opponent will be a Tyranids. The rules are we need 1 HQ and one troop choice. Here is my current army list (We will be playing 500 pts)

+++ Dark Angels 500 (495pts) +++
+++ 500pt Dark Angels: Codex (2013) v25 Roster (Primary Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Dark Angels: Codex (2013) v25 (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (65pts)

* Librarian (65pts) (Codex: Dark Angels 6th p31)
(Independant Character)
Inner Circle (Fearless, Preferred Enemy (Chaos Space Marines))
* Power Armour
Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Infantry
* Psyker
(*)
Level 1 (Mastery Level 1)

+ Troops + (290pts)

* Tactical Squad (145pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear)
Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Flamer (5pts), Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), No Transport, Power Armour, 9x Tactical Marine (126pts)
* Sergeant (14pts)
Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword

* Tactical Squad (145pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear)
Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Flamer (5pts), Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), No Transport, Power Armour, 9x Tactical Marine (126pts)
* Sergeant (14pts)
Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword

+ Heavy Support + (140pts)

* Devastator Squad (140pts)
(And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Squads)
Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, Grim Resolve (*, Stubborn), Missile Launcher (15pts), Missile Launcher (15pts), Missile Launcher (15pts), No Transport, Power Armour, 4x Space Marine (56pts)
* Missile Launcher (25pts)
Flakk Missiles (10pts)
* Sergeant (14pts)
Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, Signum

I am hoping to get positive feedback from the community and any suggestions and strategies for this upcoming match.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That one ML with Flakk is a bit of a sore thumb, I'd stick the Libby with Prescience as a power in the Devastators and drop the FML in lieu of maybe a combi-flamer for the sergeant of that squad. That flame template might come in more handy than the one-off S7 shot when the other 3 are S8 Snap Shots.

Alternately, I think I have a 600 point list that's Belial (TH/SS), one DW squad (3x TH/SS, PC), and a tactical squad (F, ML).

Also, please remove the itemized points costs from your lists. That's a no go on this forum.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Librarian

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

Devastator Squad
4 Missile Launchers, one with Flakk Missiles
It's kind of bad.

I'd drop the Devastator Squad, using the points to get Rhinos for both Tactical Squads and upgrade the Flamers to Plasma Guns - drop one Marine from one of the units so the Librarian can ride in the Rhino.

If you have a little more available in terms of models, I'd end up making something like this:

Librarian with Mastery 1 and Conversion Field

Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun in Razorback

That gives you a fairly reasonable shooting presence at 500pts, with the mobility you'll need to stay ahead of the Nids.

Strategy-wise, much depends on the Nids list. I doubt he'll have more than one Monstrous Creature, but a big beasty could give you a lot of trouble. Focus fire on his Synapse Creatures - if he brings a Hive Tyrant, that's a huge chunk of points so killing it will both be a major threat destroyed and likely to shut down his Synaptic web completely. If he brings a Warrior Prime (slightly more likely at 500pts), then focus on the squad it's in. If it's a Tervigon, then make double sure you target it early - any list you can bring at 500pts is likely to struggle against the sheer weight of bodies he could bring with a Tervigon and three squads of 20 Termagants due to the sheer number of bodies he can bring. Killing the Tervigon in such a list will be the pivotal moment of the game, as it will completely remove his Synapse presence (meaning you'll likely win then and there), as well as the Synaptic Backlash doing huge amounts of damage to the rest of his army.

You could have a lot of fun with this list:
Interrogator-Chaplain with Terminator Armour and Mace of Redemption
6 Scouts with Sniper Rifles
Land Raider Crusader with Storm Bolter

You use the Crusader to kill all the Gaunts, who can't damage it, and any Monstrous Creature is hit with the Snipers and charged by the Chaplain once he's finished cruising in the Pimp Mobile Crusader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts