Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a small force for quick small sided games.

Priest - jump pack

x5 marines - heavy flamer
x5 marines - heavy flamer

Rhino
Rhino

Scouts - snipers, cloaks

x5 assault marines - 2 meltas

Let me know what you guys think, got plenty of models to swap around :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm not seeing a lot of the usual BA abuse there... are there limitations to the build or just keeping battle forged?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
500 points is a rough spot for marines of any Chapter, let alone BA. Personally I'd drop the Rhinos to accommodate a 10 man Assault squad so that you have more bodies.

Alternately, I would drop the Assault squad and the Scouts for some Sanguinary Guard to go with your Priest just for fun. Use the Rhinos to help block LoS on them and then jump them out for a counter attack. Your RAS + Scouts = 5x SG w/ PF exactly...but I still want to see either the relic sword or a Lightning Claw on the Priest for max enjoyment of a Warlord.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ye wanna keep it battle forged or the BA detachment. This is mainly a way to start building up my painting and play style, start small and add to it gradually. I originally thought death company but sacrificed it for more bodies. Also, are no rhinos the best option for small sided games? Personally thought they were great for getting to objectives and for blocking LOS for the jump infantry? Anyway, thanks for the input, will experiment with them and see how it works :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts