Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a small list that I have finished painting. Let me know what you think about this list and where I'm heading. I have collected so far 60x slugga boyz, 15 nobz (5 of which have pk and bp), 3x deff koptas, 5x Lootas, and a Big Mek with KFF. My next major acquisition is another unit of 5x Lootas, a battle force (using all 20 boyz as shootas). Then another unit of 10 boyz to turn into Burna boyz with the extra sprues from the loota models.

My list as is and painted goes as follows:

Warboss
Cybork body; Boss Pole; Power Klaw
w/ rear unit of boyz

19x slugga boyz
Nob; PK; BP and 1x big shoota

20x slugga boyz
Nob; PK; BP and 1x big shoota

5x Lootas

total points: 499

Any suggestions, comments, or concerns?

·
Registered
496 Posts
i would actualy change one of your units to a unit of shoota's

the logic behind it being that they go out in front and take all the hits while dishing out shitloads of shots back and they eventualy die and then the slugga's arive basicly unharmed to some squads of nice squishie guys

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So my plan is basically use the 20 boyz in the battle force, turn them into shootas in Trukks. I failed to mention in the original post that I am going to pick up an extra trukk. This will give me 10x shoota boyz barreling up the flanks plus one PK BP nob with each unit to, take fire and/or disembark and fire at squishy squads, heavy weapons teams, etc. This will allow my deff koptas to harass, tank pop, flank, or draw fire also while my units of thirty sluggas get into, "krak some 'eads". Later I intend on adding a Battle wagon for the unit of 10x Nobz and maybe a unit of Killa Kans for a wall in front of my foot sloggers. This leaves one unit from the battle force that I'm not sure how to use, unless you have a bunch of them, which are biker boyz?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got demolished by an IG 500 point list. Between Marboro and an Ordinance guy, my army got wiped up. My lootas died in one round, wow. Of course this is a small battle with IG and it was just a pitched battle with little cover on a 4x4 table. I did enjoy wiping up a unit fresh out of a Chimera and a walker with my Warboss before he fled off of the table to raise a bigger waaagh and bust 'eads another day!

Here is a question, I have been tempted to put out craters when and where Ordinance weapons fire. Does anyone else do this or only when a vehicle is destroyed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts