Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks to set the scene for a map campaign that i am about to start each player needs to field a 500point army to represent a scouting unit. we are not allowed to include any spec characters, vehicles with a rear armour of more than 11 and must include at least a single troops unit and HQ. For this section of the campaign all units will be scoring units and we will have to play each other player once without changing the armylist. I'm against vanilla marines, Tau, another ork army and CSM.

After we've each played one another once the armies will gain another 500 points to spend though units in the existing 500 points cannot be modified. Here is what i have so far just from looking at my models, there are several other things i can add as i do have more models but havn't painted them yet. Any ideas on mods would be appreciated.

HQ: 1 warboss + Big choppa

Troops1: 12 boys = nob, trukk, big shoota

Fast attack: 3 warbuggies all with red paint job

Elite: 5 Nobs= painboy, 2 cyborks, 1 twin shoota, 1 eavy armour, 2 power klaws, ammo runt

total 500pts

·
Registered
92 Posts
wow thats not what I expected to see

warboss should have a PK

nob in the boyz squad should have a PK

some Skorcha's in the Nob unit would be nice, cybork is the whole unit or none of them, and the ammo runt is a waste

Personally at 500pts i would use

125 -Warboss- PK, Cybork, squig, eavy armour, BP, Kombi-skrocha

185pts- 25 Boyz -Nob w/PK

190pts- 25 Boyz -Nob w/ PK & BP

500pts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is my warboss was built for last ed rules with a choppa so that he could make sm's sweat their armour saves a little without hitting last and as i spent nearly £20 converting him and over 10 hours painting him i'm hesitant to cut him up again.

I'm going to be running a speed freek based army afterwards and these big 25 boy units won't be able to fit in trukks after the first set of battles.

i see what you mean about cyborks now and i know the nobs mob is a little(lot) disjointed. I'm going to have a second look at my modles and see what i can do. As the campaign after this initial landing section is forcepool based and throws the force organisation chart out of the window i could even build an entirely new ork army and just add my old boys as the forces become available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts