Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I've gone through a couple of the ideas that were given to me, and I think this is a pretty interesting list. I've read that WoC have to get to their enemies as quick as possible so I guess a mounted army is a good shot in the right direction. I also like how I can use most of these models in later pointed games. Makes my wallet happy...

++Hero++
Exalted Hero: w/ shield, biting blade, barded chaos steed, hideous visage - 144

++Core++
Marauder Horsemen:w/ (x7), shields - 85
Warhounds - 30
Warhounds - 30

++Special++
Chaos Knights:w/ MoK - 210

Okkaayyy, so the plan is to have the exalted hero hop wth the Chaos Knights kickin' ass, takin' names. The Marauder Horsemen are there to quickly take out any wizards or cannons if there are any. The Warhounds are there to provide cover? What DO warhounds do anyways? I think this is the list I like the most because I just painted up 10 warhounds out of LotR wargs and I want to use them once or twice ;)

Maybe it'll be a better idea to give the Marauder's MoK and maybe an armament instead of having 7 of them.

I hate how much the hero on the horse costs, $40 is a lot. Maybe I can sculpt a tentacle coming out of his eye to represent a hideous visage. I actaully sculpted manes on all my wargs because I lost the little tufts that come with them. I think it's a lot better than the "tuft-ed" version. I'll be sure to post pictures on a new thread under this name you should check it out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
As far as hounds go, they are there to:
1) Be strategic deployment drops. In an army where one troop costs 2-3 times more than most other armies, you will usually be outnumbered quite a bit. You can use the hounds as early deployment drops to help you set up the matches that you want. By placing them first, it allows you to see where your opponent will be putting his main units and adjust accordingly.

2) Get in the way. Later on, if you decide to add any kind of foot sloggers, the hounds can act as mobile cover for your units. Granted, it probably won't take long to remove the hounds but it's an extra round of shooting not on your main attack.

3) Be an annoyance. If your enemy decides NOT to go after the free points in the hounds, they are fast enough that they will cause some headaches later on. I've used them to go after other chaff, warmachines, and to give assists in charges (they actually helped a unit of warriors break Grimgore and his unit of Blorcs! :victory:).

On the list, pretty solid. I'd probably replace one of the marauders, though, w/ the Mark of Slaanesh and the shields w/ flails. Shields and mounted is just a 5+ save and if you hit a gunline, they're going up in a puff of smoke/fletching. The mark keeps them from worrying about panic and the flails gives them some punch in combat.

Do post some pics of the pooches! Would love to see the work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts