Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local game Store is holding a campaign they are calling "unsung Heros" where everyone makes an unnamed HQ names them and plays with an army belonging to said HQ. In order to represent growing influence we are starting with 500 point lists that will grow throughout the campaign. The only special rule changes are all the lists must have your HQ in them and (for the first game at least) no fliers. Any suggestions?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Is it the same HQ weapons load out the whole way through?

(Welcome to the forum by the way, I see this is your first post)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
so your doing an escalation league but with stipulations to enforce background? i like it!

out of curiosity you didn't list things for your 500 to be critiqued, so subjestions it is then? sorry but the rest will be brainstorming from here in.

at 500 i couldn't begin to subjest anything too nasty,i'd aim for a cheap and durable HQ.
starting with a lord with the sigil of corruption. now from there you can add on a bunch of stuff, but for the sake of survivability i'd then tzeentch him for a 3++ save. the rest of the load out is irrealivant IMHO as he's goings to tank things for you, actually, might be good to toss him on a bike for increased mobility and a T boost to raise his instant death threshold. give him a cheap power weapon or a burning brand at that point, he'll be devastating. another route would be to swap tzeentch for nurgle.

next i'd look at troops, since at this point i would avoid unlocking any of the cult troops for troops and using them due to cost, i think your best area for points per pound usage would be to add in 2 minimal squads of cultists for back feild objective sitting.

lastly, going bike route i'd drop in 5 bikers with dual meltas, if the lord is tzeentched i wouldn't mark these guys, if the lord is nurgled then i would absolutly mark them nurgle aswell.

if my math comes out right, you should have about 80 ish points left {sorry doing this via memory and not with the book} i'd drop in lone obliterator and call it a day for the 1st 500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts