Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
HQ:
1 Librarian 100
w/ Wings of Sanguinius
Can't go wrong with this choice, in a 500 point list the librarian is a good selection.

TROOPS:
5 Assault Marines 135
w/ Power Fist, Flamer, Meltabombs
This doesn't make sense to me; if you have the fist there are next to no situations when your going to use the meltabombs instead especially in 500 point games; I mean how many monoliths and land raiders are you expecting to see?

I'd very much advise dropping those meltabombs for points to spend elsewhere, maybe in making the flamer a meltagun. Otherwise I would suggest dropping the powerfist down to a power weapon and keeping the meltabombs.

5 Assault Marines 130
w/Power Fist, Flamer
I would actually suggest dropping this squad altogether in place of something else, like a pair of multi-melta attack bikes or a predator or land speeders.

Getting as many bodies in at five hundred points is helpful, but assault marines are short range close combat troops, you really need some other speed and support for them.

5 Assault Marines 135
w/ Power Fist, Meltagun
Wouldn't change the weapons of this squad, though maybe instead of the jump packs for these squads, consider dropping them in favour of rhino's. That way you can take a different power for the librarian, retain your speed, and have some armour protection.

At five hundred points, things are tight and that makes it interesting.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'd trade in one of the Assault Squads for...A Furioso Dreadnought w/extra armor. At 500 points, it's going to dominate the field, and with Armor:13 in the front and STR: 6 lightning claws, you're going to be in good shape.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what I'll do is something like this: (No Codex on me atm)

-5 Man Assault Squad w/ Meltabombs
+1 Furioso Dreadnought w/ Extra Armour
-5 man Assault Squad w/ Jump Pack
+5 Man Assault Squad w/ Rhino / Razorback

Something along those lines.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't know if he's allowed but get sword of sanguinius, a must have if you get wings of sanguinius.4-5 STR 10 attacks w/ WS 5 and a force weapon!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
blood lance or sword or unleash rage no shield in this list your opponent at 500pts will only have 2 or maybe 3 weapons that you'll need a cover save on also for it to be effective you need to be close to your troops which you will be with the wings bus you've already used you power for that turn and you cant use another one then.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's V2.0

HQ: 100

1 Librarian
w/ Blood Lance, Unleash Rage

ELITES: 140

1 Furosio Dreadnought 140
w/ Extra Armour

TROOPS: 150

5 Assault marines 150
w/ Powerfist, Flamer, Razorback

I know I need another Troop unit. I have 10 points to spare, by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts