Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I'm looking at joining a campaign at my local GW and wanted some advice/ feedback on the 500 points Blood Angels (Flesh Tearers) list that I plan to use!
The rules are as follows, 1 HQ, 2 Troops (more troops can be taken) and 1 Fast attack slot that in total add up to 500 points.

I'm using the Flesh Tearers Strike force in order to potentially gain an assault bonus.

I plan to use a...

Sanguinary Priest with a jump pack.

5 man Assault Squad with a melta gun, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant equipped with a Power Fist.

10 man Tactical Squad with a melta gun, Heavy flamer, Sergeant with Power Sword and Inferno pistol mounted in a drop pod.

5 man scout squad with a combat knives and bolt pistols.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't built the Assault Squad or bought the Drop pod and Scout squad.
The Tactical is built but I could buy another.
I also have the Chaplain with a jump pack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So drop the inferno pistol from the Sergeant, replace with at the very least a power sword on the priest - I can get that done today!
Buy Scouts with bolters instead and cause some havoc that way.
Assault squad I still feel that going mix of flamer/ melta & power fist is the best option, I have no idea what I'm going up against. If not I'll have to buy a second box so I have the option to go flamer or melta!
As for Cassor I could do, drop the scouts and drop some of the tactical marines, I'd have to free enough points to afford a drop pod to! But I think they drop pod would count as a fast attack and I'm limited to 1 fast attack Choice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I've ended up with...
A sanguinary priest with a lightening claw and a jump pack (the winged style to boot)!
Assault squad 2 x Flamer, Vet Ser with Power fist & bolt pistol.
10 man tac squad heavy flamer, melta gun and sergeant with power sword & bolt pistol.
Scout squad with bolters and a heavy bolter.

Finished at 493 points.

I have a death company which I could easily make into Rafen's death company and that would be another troops choice but I'd need some points for them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I was just about thinking along the lines of another dangerous jump troop choice!
I do like a death company, especially to go with my chaplain! Feel no pain and Zealot on a squad of crazy bezerkers! Blood for the blood go... I mean Angels, yes blood Angels is what I meant!
Now it's finish buying, build and paint and I'll be good to go!

Fingers crossed I don't get the dude with a flyer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.