Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After figuring out exactly what I want to do finally. Not mention that I have thought about somethign more or less.

Chaos Sorceror-180
-MoT
-Warptime
-Bolt of Change

[8] Plague Marines- 254
-Plague Champion
-Power Fist
-Meltagun
-Combiweapon(Bolter with Flamer)

[5] Lesser Daemons-65

499/500

Combiweapon to help my forces with swarms. Chaos Sorceror with Bolt of Change to help me pirece anything with great amounts of armor. Defeat anything that pushes my forces and hand. Warptime to increase my chances of hitting.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

500 point games are a hard thing for Chaos players.
First off, you have no Icon for bringing in the lesser daemons. No Icon, no lesser daemons.
Second, even with the Icon on either the Plague Champ or the Sorceror, lesser daemons are a pretty poor choice.
Third, a Daemon Prince, with MoT, Bolt of Change and wings is 175 points. Yes the DP is a target, but the lone Sorceror would have to join a squad, making that squad a target in itself.

Try this list:

HQ- Daemon Prince, wings, MoT, Bolt of Change 175

Troop- 5 Plague Marines, meltagun,flamer, rhino 165

Troop- 5 Plague Marines, flamerx2, rhino 160

500 points

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that each plague marine had a mark of nurgle on them. At least that was what I read and thought.

That seems like a good troop choice. I hadn't thought on five because it seems like...my troops wouldn't bring enough of a punch. I was using the MoT to give more power to the HQ choice, which is why I used the sorceror. I might as well us MoN with Warptime. True enough both are a potent combo.

MoT gives the +4 and the Bolt which is AP 1 so tanks and such die.
While, on the other hand MoN makes him tougher and Wraptime gives him the ability to hit again. Once again I went in thinking of a big army. I can already tell that big battles or more my....forte, but I sitll suck at making army list it appears.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

It has nothing to do with you 'sucking' at army building. 500 point Chaos armies are very hard to do! Our models have good stats, but they cost points forthose stats and special abilities. In general, I personnally read the army lists more than any other section, but when I reply to those posts, I try to stay very close to the style presented. So I stayed with the DP with MoT because you seem to have one. The Plague marine troops I stuck with because you seem to have some or you like to use them. Making army lists is a good pastime as well, just get your Codex, set a point limit, grab a pen & paper and go to it!
You can then post your lists on Heresy and get some extra advice on lists that seem like something you'd use. Its also a great help on saving money,by helping you make better purchases on 40k minis.

Hope this helps.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just to clear up, since there seemed to be some confusion:

Yes, Plague Marines all have Mark of Nurgle. A Mark is not the same thing as an icon however, so it cannot be used for summoning daemons. A mark is simply a stat-boost for all members of the squad.

An icon is the staff/flag dealy that you give to one squad member. It applies the Mark to all members of the squad (except Independant Characters). If that squad member dies, the icon is gone and its effects are lost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts