Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have a new escalation league starting. Tier I is 500pts. No special characters, no ordinance, no AV totaling 33+ and you have to retain units but they can change size, gear and transports.

Hq
Libby-ml1, pf generator, infra visor

Troops
6man tac-ml
5man tac-ml
5man tac-ml

Heavy
5man dev-signum, ml, ml, ml, ml

Libby will keep the Devs under Prescience and power fields. Tacs will soften targets and get objectives.
Tier II is 1k and would probably fill out the tacs and switch to pg and pc. Add a couple of dreads and a whirlwind. Any major flaws? Is missile spam cheesy? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ok we have a new escalation league starting. Tier I is 500pts. No special characters, no ordinance, no AV totaling 33+ and you have to retain units but they can change size, gear and transports.

Hq
Libby-ml1, pf generator, infra visor
not bad personal choice
Troops
6man tac-ml
5man tac-ml
5man tac-ml
too much missile spam. i would take 1 10man squad with a plasma gun.plams cannon
Heavy
5man dev-signum, ml, ml, ml, ml
its an ok choice..personally never been a fan of devs but the should work well at this points level

Libby will keep the Devs under Prescience and power fields. Tacs will soften targets and get objectives.
Tier II is 1k and would probably fill out the tacs and switch to pg and pc. Add a couple of dreads and a whirlwind. Any major flaws? Is missile spam cheesy? Any feedback is appreciated.
its seems an ok strategy, but if you have 3 small units any good opponent will just force the leaderships and you could be in trouble turn1.
moving into 1k dreads are ok, but i would look into Armour, or veterans in pods to give a first turn scare to the opponent

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some good advice, thanks. If I drop one 5man tac. I can make a 10man tac with plasma gun and cannon, and a 6man tac bolters only in a heavy bolter razorback. With the Libby and Devs raining missiles it looks pretty flexible to me.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
And how do you plan to bring down a Predator? Or a Battlewagon? A single Heldrake will simply dominate this list, no questions asked, and 2 will pretty much force you to concede (I'm pretty sure you can make this with a barebones Sorceror, 20 Cultists, and 2 Heldrakes, one Reaper one Baleflamer).

Needs an Aegis Line for Flyer threatening, if not actual defence. Hard to make 500pt lists, the game is very skewed at that point.

Needs more Meltaguns.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drake and Pred have too much armor. All 3 facings have to be less than 33. Don't have to worry about them till tier II 1000pts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Might be a little missile spammy, but if that's what you are going for then you certainly are getting it haha. I'm guessing you're going to krakk everything? I feel like at 500 points the devastator squad is good enough with their MLs that you don't need the tacticals to sport them. Especially since if you want mobility most of those tacs are going to be snap-shotting the missiles. Even with the risk of Gets Hot, I think I'd rather have 3 PGs over 3 missile launchers. But that's just me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts