Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are three variations of a blitz’s brigade list I’ve come up with variant from the many 4 battlewagon lists I’ve posted up as over the years.

Of these lists there are two main variations one of which is the mega nobs squad with painboy and mega boss with the lukky stikk. But lots of boys and extra fast attack units.

Or the ultimate orky death star which contains 4 killsaw touting mega nobs, lukky stikk mega boss and mad Dok. This results in an insane squad which on the charge will have 20 strength 9 attacks, and 10 attacks at strength 10 plus an ability for an additional for D3 more attacks per model if the squad it outnumbered. So perfect for murdering many things particularly other death stars, marines, dreadnaughts or just about anything really. But at around 620 points in a wagon its quite a costly squad but can certainly can split a little with the boss going to murder something else.

The final list is similar to the first but is more against un-armoured infantry, with the open topped flamer death, the trick that they will roll up on another unit, and the template is laid on the squad then basically multiplied by the models in the squad which can certainly result in lots of wounds inflicted onto squads, which when I’ve used in the past it results in instant death of 20man daemonet’s or terminator squads and ability for many more.

Blitz Brigade (1749pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (625pts)
Formation (625pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)
Battlewagon 2x Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1124pts)
HQ (185pts)
Painboy (50pts)
Warboss (135pts) Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Warlord Mega Armour Kombi-weapon w/ Skorcha, Power Klaw
Elites (160pts)
Meganobz (160pts) Boss Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota
Troops (639pts)
Boyz (154pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 18x Boy 18x Slugga
Boyz (154pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 18x Boy 18x Slugga
Boyz (148pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 17x Boy 17x Slugga
Gretchin (35pts) 10x Gretchin Runtherd Grabba stik
Fast Attack (140pts)
Warbuggies (70pts) Skorcha, Skorcha

Blitz Brigade mk2 (1749pts)
Formation (625pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1124pts)
HQ (185pts)
Painboy (50pts)
Warboss (135pts) Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Warlord Mega Armour Kombi-weapon w/ Skorcha, Power Klaw
Elites (320pts)
Burna Boyz (160pts) 10x Burna Boy
Burna Boyz (160pts) 10x Burna Boy
Troops (479pts)
Fast Attack (140pts)
Blitz Brigade mk3 (1747pts)

Formation (625pts)

"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1122pts)

HQ (295pts)

Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss (160pts)

Elites (200pts)

Meganobz (200pts) Boss Meganob w/ Killsaws, Meganob w/ Killsaws, Meganob w/ Killsaws, Meganob w/ Killsaws

Troops (627pts)

Any thoughts? Any ideas for change?

One other idea I have to change are to switch out the Nobs (6+10+25=41) for Meks (15+30=45) with kill saws at an extra 4 points it is a reasonable trade out in a list like this where they can keep the wagons rolling, but particularly in the 4 boy squad lists because of the limited of three meks per list unless they are part of the loota/burna squads.

Another option as always is to juggle between slugga/shootas boys with will need points changes.

Only other thought with the lukky stick is the +1weapon skill in the squad so making both the deathstars, or any squad with the boss. Making it hit quite a lot harder.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like list 3 the best but list 1 is good as well. You must play in an area with lots of troops and no flyers. Because the list seem to be good at taking out troops which is good with Eldar bikes being super cheap. I have more winged hive tyrants in my area than I can shake a stick at.

I personally love the deathstar and think it will give people fits once it hits their lines.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My only suggestion would be Rokkits on the Wagons instead, but it's more of a personal choice than anything. I prefer the high powered shot, but the Big Shoota provides more "reliable" shooting.

Never really seen the point of running a whole unit with Killsaws. You lose a little bit of shooting, which can soften up a unit, and the likelihood is that if you need to re-roll armor penetration on a whole units worth of attacks that the Dice Gods have already forsaken you. One or two of them to carve open a vehicle/Knight Titan more reliably, sure. But Power Klaws have always been sufficient for me, and you're losing a whole Meganob by filling the unit with Killsaws.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you are probably right about the killsaws but the main thing I was looking at was keeping the squad at 6 members which is probably from what i can tell, will keep them having the rampage go off. Even against other death stars I've encountered they will still be out numbered so getting the extra attacks.

As to the thoughts on the composition yes there aren't many opponents which use flyers in the local meta, but even then can't say i like the option of dakka jets anymore with the nerfs and weak armour they have already had. Even then the burna bomber and blitza bomber (though it might fit the theme).

And as to the abundance of boys thats kinda just what seems to work, with how i play but depending on matchmaking might have to swap out for burners or something similar.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a little revision to the list still quite tempted to swap out the nobs for meks as explained before where they might still be a better option for a battlewagon based list, as well as possibly swapping boys mobs out for more specialized units. As well as having small changes such as certain guns insted of others.

As the the death star changed it up a bit, got 3 mega nobs with klaws and skorchas, mainly to change the boys to shootas which is more to my preferance and more viability with the skorchas to take out some weak troops.

Blitz Brigade mk4 (1750pts)

· Formation (625pts)

o "Blitz Brigade" (625pts)

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1125pts)

HQ (295pts)

Elites (135pts)

Meganobz (135pts) Boss Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha, Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha, Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha

Troops (695pts)

Boyz (165pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga

Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I do like the use of this formation, it's hard hitting and mobile and a change from the tide.
Have you thought about flashgitz? Dropping one unit of Boyz and the grots would allow you to take about 10, giving you a solid 24" range firebase chucking out 30 str5 shots. If you don't move, it's bs3, so hitting on 4+ and you have a 50% chance of rolling ap1-3.
It's a great meq killer and a threat to light vehicles to boot. The added bonus is, any unit that assaults will get hit in the face with a huge wedge of over watch, and then be facing nobz in combat.
Just a thought.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decent idea, with the flash gitz, never really used them but certainly now an option with not useing any of the heavy suport slots. But to be honest i like the idea of using lootas in the same roll but they trade lower ap for higher strenght. So different roll butmore of the firepower im currently lacking.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I use lootas and tankbustas extensively myself and the the lootas are best kept stationary to make the most of their firepower. The great thing about them, is that they are never short of a target, as they can be effective against all but the toughest vehicles.
I also tend to run 2 gunwagons full of TBs, 10 on each, and have used 15 in a bw before now. They are lethal to any armour.
However, it depends on who you're up against, if it's eldar I'd probably go for lootas as their long range and versatility helps against fast moving targets with multiple flyers. Anything with super heavies, I'd go tankbustas, for a tac list I'd be tempted to use flashgitz, as they would definitely be useful against deathstars and the like with concentrated consistent heavy shooting.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Trialled the MK4 list today, against a grey knight list with the fun first turn deepstrike fun. One major thing that i need to decide when to scout and when not to. In this game i scouter then the limits on not being able to charge this case the deepstriking ironclad, dreadknight and terminator squad along with a centurion star with two librarians and dragio.

Apart from being murdered becuase of lack of damage ability against the deep striking units, the mega armoured nob deathstar murdered the centurions and both librarians ( well one nob and grotsnik did after dragio killed the other two) due to great rolls 3 extra attacks off and 5 on grotsnik and 4 off the nob. So worked perfectly against the squad of centurions just need to keep the boss with then for better damge.

So overall with the first game a little more practice with the whole scouting option thinking that it really mightn't be the best bet all the time, just sometimes and as always need practice against heavy deep striking armies.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeah against deepstrike and drop pod armies I tend to stay on the table but spread out unit I see what they are doing. If the drop close to the wagons good because then you can drive the wagons away and they are on foot. Then you can rush the wagons all at once to any part of the army you want destroyed first. Most opponents hate it when they watch your army drive away to have two wagons attack one unit then the other three attack another unit and the rest of his army just stands around or has to foot it. It feels odd to have orks run away but it wins the game usually.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Played another game with the the MK4 battle wagon list today, against a spacemarine list, it wasn't the most effective test, the opponent is newer player, and the effectiveness of its list is lower. So the more efficient battlewagon list made short work of it.

The stand out from this game as always was the mega nobs squad walking though everything it came into contact with in this case two buffed sterngaurd squads each with independent characters, suffering only one casualty ( one mega nob, who due to miss placing ended up on the side of a barrage of fire).

Apart from that the boys squads each went into combat well and murdered the squads they were set against.

That is all for the minute, more testing is needed.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Still nice to bash so beakies even if they are new. It still is good as it shows you how your units preform and how to not place them. So more testing now get out there and bash some stuff.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Blitz Brigade mk4.5 (1750pts)
Formation (625pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)
Battlewagon Kannon, Reinforced Ram
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1125pts)
HQ (295pts)
Elites (135pts)
Meganobz (135pts) Boss Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha, Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha, Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha
Troops (695pts)
Boyz (165pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 17x Boy 17x Shoota

Haven’t played with this list in a while (due to study) but played the other day against the daemon kin list, its slightly varied at 1750 and with the improvements or variations he has made (as discussed in this post from the other day http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197842 asking for tips to use against the daemon kin because of their better combat ability than me). Again the game was rough I used the above list with the sight variation of the kannons for increased range for the damage they can throw I found that they were reasonably effective when I picked the right target in his list namely massed khorne flesh hounds which took so damage from the shots and also the “higher” hit chance than compared to the other weapons such as big shoota or single rokkit at infantry. Overall liked the change of the kannons but much more testing is needed.

The game basically went the same as the last on not moving forward into his lines to try and avoid the first turn charge from the faster units such as the mauler fiends, and then with me charging for a counter attack. But again even with the initial charge and some selection of targets the maulerfiends still held me in place while I killed them, thus giving time for the lord to come around and kill a squad of boys and ramp up while my boss attempted to get to him to kill him.

So only real thoughts that went discussed in the earlier post was that planning with positioning is very important when I’m playing a more defensive role such as this, not being able to advance and attack the units I prefer mainly the warboss into the enemy lord which I believe can be easily killed before he ramps up some kills but that relies upon good position from me and getting him close enough before he can escape and kill something.

This list is a slight variation based on the discussion above pondering ideas of throwing more survivability and some more AP3 into the list for fighting marines particularly marines which hit harder than my boys.

Blitz Brigade mk5 (1742pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (655pts)
Formation (655pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (655pts)
Battlewagon Kannon, Killkannon, Reinforced Ram
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1087pts)
HQ (295pts)
Elites (135pts)
Troops (657pts)
Boyz (237pts) 'Eavy Armour for Mob Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 17x Boy 17x Shoota
Boyz (237pts) 'Eavy Armour for Mob Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 17x Boy 17x Shoota

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This list is a slight variation based on the discussion above pondering ideas of throwing more survivability and some more AP3 into the list for fighting marines particularly marines which hit harder than my boys.
Blitz Brigade mk5 (1742pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (655pts)
Formation (655pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (655pts)
Battlewagon Kannon, Killkannon, Reinforced Ram
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1087pts)
HQ (295pts)
Elites (135pts)
Troops (657pts)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I think you might be better if you drop all the not necessary stuff.

Trade Mad doc for a regular pain boy
drop the grots you really don't need them.

I would look at some Flash Gitz or lootas

Another option to consider is if he is running everything forward drop stuff in his back field. A unit of kommandos with Snikrot popping up in his backfield. Similar option would be to use some stormboyz to box in his warlord.

You could also do a unit of tank bustas with a weirdboy. They get da jump and can get near the warlord and fire a bunch of rokkits into him.

You could also load a battlewagon with burnaboyz to drive around and burn things to a crisp while the rest of your army blows things up.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Certainly some good points as always morfangdakka but as a retort the idea with grotsnik is to give the buffs to a mega nobs squad to make it capable of killing near anything.

The gretchin... they are just kind of a survivor. a vestigial part of the list a holdover from past lists and games, often i find them to be very useful but as has been pointed out before they have very limited uses and are better to be replaced with something more useful maybe even artillery because of having no need for the objective secured in most cases and extra fire could be useful. Well how do you feel about this list:

Blitz Brigade mk6 (1747pts)
Formation (625pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)
Battlewagon Reinforced Ram, kannon
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1122pts)
HQ (205pts)
Weirdboy (70pts) Psyker Mastery Level 2
Elites (135pts)
Troops (674pts)
Boyz (172pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 18x Boy 18x Shoota
Boyz (172pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga 18x Boy 18x Shoota
Heavy Support (108pts)
Mek Gunz (54pts) 3x Kannon w/ Grots
Mek Gunz (54pts) 3x Kannon w/ Grots

The idea is basically the same just with the boss and weird boy join the nobs and boys jump in wagons. The main idea for the weird boy over the pair boy idea is for the buff he can put out as well as other options, the main use for grotsnik was for the rampage to murder large squads or as deathstar prevention if that. While the weakened deathstar will still function it won’t toss the ludicrous amount of S9 and S10 attacks maybe if I get lucky it might have a plus one and ability to teleport sometimes. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like it the weirboy will give the group some much needed fire power. To bad he can't use da jump while in the battlewagon because that would be cool to transport a battlewagon around the table.

It still feels like there is something missing or a tweek to be made that would make the list killer but I'm just not seeing it right now. Maybe after another game or two.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yet another list with more of my pondering to make orks more playable.
Most recent game was against an interesting little space marine list with a large tactical squad in a rhino, a 7 man storm shield terminator squad, 3 grav centurions, large scout sniper squad, thunderfire and vindicator. On paper it didn’t seem to be the best list but on the first turn he seized on me, then the grav killed my meganobs wagon then a perfect vindicator shot killed my deathstar. The list the proceeded to kill all of my orks in a slow inevitable fashion, certainly shows me something don’t put my eggs into one basket.

So the thoughts with this list is to reduce the points sunk into the one deathstar which has no ability to resist the damage from a nasty unit such as vindicators, part of it is also to add some nasty templates through the idea of the cheap killkannon touting looted wagons. To helpo dealing with nasty marine squads such as the large bike squads in the Khorne Daemonkin lists I’ve been facing hopefully allowing me to have some more options to face them while still having a balanced list to face other armies.

Blitz Brigade mk7 (1748pts)
Formation (625pts)
"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)
Battlewagon Reinforced Ram, Kannon
Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1123pts)
HQ (180pts)
Weirdboy (45pts) Psyker Mastery Level 1
Elites (135pts)
Troops (674pts)
Boyz (172pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota18x Boy 18x Shoota
Boyz (172pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota 18x Boy 18x Shoota
Boyz (165pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota 17x Boy 17x Shoota
Boyz (165pts) Boss Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota17x Boy 17x Shoota
Heavy Support (134pts)
Looted Wagon (WD) (67pts) Killkannon
Looted Wagon (WD) (67pts) Killkannon

Any thoughts? certainly still heavily mechanized but that is what i like.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like this idea a lot I have toyed with the idea of 3 looted wagons and the blitz brigade as well because like you I love mech. So I am curious to see how the two looted wagons fair. About the only suggestion I would make would drop one unit of boyz and take a unit of tankbustas. All those rokkits flying around would help deal with vindicators and tough things while being in a tough nut. I would also add a big shoota to the looted wagons incase they get a weapon destroyed you don't lose the kill kannon.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I like this list, a lot. All those wagons, and Boyz, with MANZ in there too? That's ace work. I do agree with mofang though, a unit of tankbustas would add some real weight to your mid range firepower, and give your op another viable target to think about.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts