High Inquisitor

Elite
2x Dreadnoughts
'Furioso' Dreadnought
Terminator Squad
Grey Knight Terminator Squad
Techmarine w/ full Servosuit and 4xServitors
Vindicaire Assassin

Troops(im a little shy on Troops i know!)
2x Squads of Space Marines
Razorback
Death Comapny

Fast Attack
Landspeeder Tornado
Death Company w/Jump Packs

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad
'Baal' Predator
Predictor Annihilator
Land Raider Crusader

thats it so far, i plan on getting more Marines and a few Scouts in the near future to buff up my serious lack of troop choices but thats for another day

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well first off you can't take GK with regular marines. Secondly, that is cool you want all the BA Heroes (Im not sure of the core requirements for Apoc), but you have almost no regular troops and you are going to get destroyed. You definately want to add a lot of assault troops with some tact/dev units to support them

Goodluck

Alias

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i accyually picked up another squad of marines two days after i posted that, and you can take one unit of deamonhunters/witchhunters in a space marine army or impguard army. but only one unit. they have the rules in the deamonhunters codex

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
...you can take one unit of deamonhunters/witchhunters in a space marine army or impguard army. but only one unit. they have the rules in the deamonhunters codex
If I understand correctly, the point was that you can't ally Space Marines with Grey Knights, not that you can't ally with Demonhunters at all.

Obviously, that goes out of the window with Apocalypse - but then, this isn't posted in the Apocalypse forum, which is maybe causing some confusion.

Overall, boy the list looks like it would probably be great fun to play (unless a lucky strike from some fiendish traitor apocaslypse device wiped out your entire BA command under one template, that would be terrible). Hellishly short of models for a 5,000pt list though - I probably have more bodies in my 2000pt list! I know you say that you realise that you're short of troops, and that you picked some more up. Get more! Many many assault squads - about 60 assault marines (maybe half upgraded to vet assault squads/honour guard for your company heroes) should do it, that would be sweet (and your opponents would be very frightened I'm sure!)

Not sure you can put Death Company in a Razorback, if that's your intention, IIRC it has to be a rhino. Also, only having a couple of rhinos or razorbacks will likely attract lots of firepower, so you might want to think about getting even more guys in rhinos to give the opposition something else to shoot at...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips, and no its not for the death company, it was first tank when all i had was lemartes, a combat squad and the razorback. now i just use it as bait. and you can use grey knights with space marines they have pictures in the DH codex

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
yes you Can have Grey Knights with marines but the main HQ needs to be Space marines. In your list i would use a grand master with body guard of grey knight Terminators in the Land Raider Crusader.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yes you Can have Grey Knights with marines but the main HQ needs to be Space marines. In your list i would use a grand master with body guard of grey knight Terminators in the Land Raider Crusader.
In the Codex Witch Hunters it says if you use Inquisition Integrally you must take Two troops Choices and one Hq compulsary does this apply too Daemonhunters?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
No you know how it works now Gore hunter

·
Registered
259 Posts
HQ
Commander Dante
Chief Librarian Mephiston
Space Marine Captain
Chaplain Lemartes
Blood Angels Chaplain
Librarian-Codicer
Librarian w/Terminator Armor-Epolistary
High Inquisitor

Elite
2x Dreadnoughts
'Furioso' Dreadnought
Terminator Squad
Grey Knight Terminator Squad
Techmarine w/ full Servosuit and 4xServitors
Vindicaire Assassin

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad
'Baal' Predator
Predictor Annihilator
Land Raider Crusader
I am assuming that from the ridiculous number of HQ, Elites and Heavy Support this army is a apoc one. If it is it doesn't matter one ioata about its configuration and how and what he has in his army. He can have as many daemonhunters as he wants, hell he can even have kharn the betrayer or abaddon or the nightbringer if he wanted too. If its not a apoc army you should be less worried about the ally rules and far more by the fact you massively exceed the standard force organistation chart in the above areas most notably a 2 HQ max limit.

As for lack of numbers my 3000k Ork apocalypse army has 230 Orks if I had a 5k it would properly be closer to 350+ with a big stompa, a green tide, a shock attack battery etc. You would be outnumbered a good 7 to 1 or there abouts. You really need some more basic troops and perhaps a super heavy of some sort

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
... you can use grey knights with space marines they have pictures in the DH codex
Ah well, all I can say is I misunderstood something. I was under the impression that you couldn't field daemonhunters forces that included Grey Knights with Space Marines (this, incidently, is why I recently decided to go Witch Hunters not Daemon Hunters). But apparently I'm wrong.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a few things, i do plan on using the army for apoc, but the reason i have such a weird FO is cuz i wanted alont of variety in my army so i could play every battle differently you know? im also thinking about investing(after i get more assault troops of course!) in a few IG models. do you guys have any suggestions asa to what i sould get?

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to the Codex: Daemonhunters you may not ally space marines in a Daemonhunters force that contains Grey Knights. It also says:

"In Keeping with the many possiblilites for the forces of the Ordo Malleus to appear within Space Marine and Imperial forces, Daemonhunters units can be included as allies in the following Codex armies:

1. Space Marines, including variant armies such as Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels*, Black Templars, Salamanders and othe Loyalist Index Astartes Chapters.

2. Imperial Guardand its Variants such as Catachan Jungle Fighters and Armeggedon Steel Legion

3. Sisters of battle

*Note that if Daemonhunters are present the Inquisitorial Scrutiny means that the Dark Angel's 'Hunt for the Fallen' specail rule is suspended.

Neither inducted Inperial Guard nor allied Space Marines may not be used in such a contigent, and the total amount of Daemonhunters units may not exceed the following:
0-1 HQ choice
0-1 Elite choice
0-2 Troops choices
0-1 Fast Attack choice
Note that Heavy Support may not be chosen.

Any compulsory choices (such as the one HQ and two Troop choices in a standard mission) must be fufilled by the 'parent' list and not the Daemonhunters list.

Daemon hunters cannot ally with a force that uses any other type of Ally with the exception of of separate detatchments and units from other Ordos of the Inquisition"

pg.21 of the Daemonhunter codex

According to the codex, using the above is the only to get Space marines and Grey Knights together in one Force, and to show i'm not jumping to conclusions...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/daemonhunters/gaming/armies/2army2.htm

I collect a Blood Angel army with a strong core of Daemonhunter Units, so this is a great exspansion project thanks a lot =]

·
Registered
665 Posts
What i'd do mate is take away some of those HQs, u don't need the inquisitor unless ur using assassins, u don't need all those librarians either. I'd do what Green Knight said and upgrade the GKBC into a GM cos he then gets a force weap, 3 wounds and 5 attacks on the charge, with his retinue inside a LRC thats gonna do a world of hurt :eek:k: incase u don't know with 7 GKtermie ret thats 21 PW attackes and the 5 FW attakes, all at strength 6 :shok:. Like everyone said u need more troops, assault marines are the best cing as they're classed as troops for blood angels :biggrin: very cool. If ur goona keep any of those HQ it sould be danta attached 2 a vet assault squad, lemartes with the assault DC, the other chaplain with the other DC unit and Meph maybe attached 2 another vet assault squad cos he can use the Wings of Sang move. That would be a very scary army 2 face cos most Apoc games have lots of cover so u can move all the assault marines safely before the spearhead attack. If u use IG aswell use the tank companys and Baneblades 2give u that extra cannons :biggrin: hope that helps

·
Registered
784 Posts
The only suggestion I could make is take Corbulo, he can be another model to control your DC and give all those BA furious Charge.

·
Registered
800 Posts
thanks for the tips, and no its not for the death company, it was first tank when all i had was lemartes, a combat squad and the razorback. now i just use it as bait. and you can use grey knights with space marines they have pictures in the DH codex
I think you should read the codex. However if its an Apoc game it doesnt matter.

But in my chaos codex, theres a picture of a comisser in it, does this mean i can take one as a HQ choice?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think you should read the codex. However if its an Apoc game it doesnt matter.

But in my chaos codex, theres a picture of a comisser in it, does this mean i can take one as a HQ choice?
U can use Grey knights in any space marine army aslong as the SM have a HQ and 2 Troop choices u can take:
0-1 HQ
0-1 Elite
0-2 Troops
0-1 Fast Attack
No Heavys
of Grey Knights, so the pic in the DH codex shows a SM army allied with 1 elite choice of GK termies. Don't know abot the chaos though, maybe ur allowed 2 use traiter guard.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I thought if you filled all your options on the FOC, and you had in excess of 3000 points, you were allowed to double the FOC options? E.g. 0-1 restrictions became 0-2, and 1+ choices became 2+ etc.

Either way, fill up with 4 hefty squads of marines, full size, power weapon/fist armed Veteran Sergeants.

Assists that with 2 full squads of GK's, with 2 psycannons.

Fast attack should be 2 large squads of assault marines, with 1 squad of teleporting GK's with 2 incinerators.

HQ and Elites should be GK Master with Incinerator and with 3 Terminators, with Incinerator. Your Elites should be an 8 strong terminator squad, BC with Incinerator, and Squad with Incinerator. Mount these in an LRC taken as Transport. (If you are unable to, just take a 5 strong squad, and an LR. If you don't take the LR, you'll need to take another squad/tank dedicated to tank hunting. IMO, it's best if you take devestators armed with flamers/meltas. But if you do lose the LR, take Psycannons instead of Incinerators.

You should fill up the rest of choices as befits DA, as I'm not sure really about the rest of their capabilities.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts