Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

40K Zombie Apocalypse

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  inqusitor_me 
#1 ·
Okay, so here's the deal. After watching more resident evil than is healthy, I have come up with this little scenario. You are trapped on a world in the grip of a zombie apocalypse. A little old man pops up and says he will allow you to pick, from any 40k army's stuff, one gun, one sidearm, and one closecombat weapon. in addition, you are allowed a convoy of six vehicles to lead your group of survivors to safety. (Mixing from different armies is okay)

Choose wisely, and take into consideration things like ammo and fuel consumption. ex. sure, a baneblade would be freaking awesome to kill zombies with, but they make SUVs look look like electric cars in terms of fuel consumption!

#3 ·
I think there was another thread along a similar line of thought earlier, but yours is slightly different and it's a fun question. Vehicle is easy - monolith x3 for a floating fortress in the sky and teleportation capability (teleport food in to avoid foraging expeditions) with an effectively limitless power supply which can be used for movement, destructive ends, and recharging my weapons. 2x Falcons and a Wave Serpent could then be used to help rescue survivors and move around quickly. Any land vehicle would have problems getting in and out of the tank due to zombies hanging all over it.

Then for a weapon therefore I'd want a gauss blaster and a fusion pistol (one for disintegrating infected flesh/zombies and one for melting through doors/walls). For my melee weapon I'd want something that strikes quickly and cleanly while being light and one-handed, so without resorting to character equipment, a frostblade would probably be best.

#9 ·
monolith x3 for a floating fortress in the sky and teleportation capability (teleport food in to avoid foraging expeditions) with an effectively limitless power supply which can be used for movement, destructive ends, and recharging my weapons. 2x Falcons and a Wave Serpent could then be used to help rescue survivors and move around quickly. Any land vehicle would have problems getting in and out of the tank due to zombies hanging all over it.
that's the kind of practical thinking i was talking about. using the monolith to teleport food and stuff is brilliant, as it practically eliminates the danger posed.

can you guys tell i've seen RE: Extinction one too many times? :mrgreen:

btw, my six would be a chimera convoy, as i find them to be extremely dependable and they can carry alot. plus, the hull mounted las means you can fire w/o leaving. i would also take a longlas sniper, a laspistol, and a nemesis force weapon.

#4 ·
I'd hope that the taint of chaos was stronger than the taint of the zombies, or hope that nurgle might just smile on my survivor group for praising him.(For the moment)

As for gear, I'd try to get my hands on a power sword, I've never heard of one running dry, failing that a flamer, as a sidearm? Bolt pistol, sure it's heavy and clunky, but if I need to use it, blunt force trauma is something I can always rely on.

Speaking of which, how would zombie survival for 40k work?

#5 · (Edited)
Well supposedly in the new Chaos Codex, Typhus was spreading the Zombie plague, and that millions have died from it. From the summary, it is spread, like the Resident Evil plagues, from a bite.

Anyways, back to the topic. For the transports, I'll probably take 2 Gorgons for mass transport, 1 Trojan for huel and supplies, 1 Atlas since who know what would happen on the road, and 2 Falcon grav tanks for fast reaction attacks.

For personal weapons, I will choose a Inquisitorial Hellgun for one-shot kills, a Ordos Militant Hand Flamer just to get out of any nasty situations, and a Nemesis Force halberd for the reach, and the fact it is a power weapon.

#11 ·
gausse cannon - i dont think gausse weapons can run out of energy.
flamethrower - quite long range and probably effective against un-dead.
power sword - easy to use and effective against unarmoured things.
3x IG Hellhounds - same reason as the flamethrower.
1x SM Whirlwind - for large groups of zombies.
1x monolith - teleportation power, huge guns, indefinate range (no fuel).

i think that would be quite a good selection to have againt a zombie-ridden planet.

#12 ·
i aswell have seen all the resident evil's way too much, so lets up this here.i'll base my choises 100% off what i own. in my personal weaponry i would have the chainsword, sinply because ash from army of darkness is my hero. for a gun i'd probably go bolter, don't want to make survival too easy with flamers....shame on you guys lmao. and for a side arm i'd go bolt pistol. hopefully like my CSM i'd have access to grenades of course. as for vehicles i'd say 2 Defilers to clear the path, a land raider to plow through undead { and catch them on the spikes}, 2 rhinos {not like zombies can get through the armor anyways} and a chaos bike for myself{ i think it would rock to take zombies down with the spikes on the sides}

#13 ·
Melee Weapon: Chainsword (since when is there not a chainsaw in a zombie movie?)
Sidearm: Plasma Pistol (It wont kill them, just blow them to itsy bitsy pieces.)
Primary Arm: Bolter (Blow their heads clean off)

Convoy Vehicles: 1 Land raider with twin linked lascannons and a heavy bolter. 5 rhinos. The treads might get clogged though.

#14 ·
Ok

Melee Weapon: Power Sword. For obvious reasons. As for the disadvantages of not having a weapon with reach I'd argue that something like a poalarm is at more of a disadvantage due to the fact that if the Zomabies do get inside your guard your well and trully screwed.

Side Arm: Laspistol. I was torn between this and a bolt pistol. Bolt Pistol due to its killing power and Las-Pistol due to its reliablity and the fact that you basically never need to find more ammo if you have about 5 clips. In the end I went with the laspistol due to its lack of need for ammo and when your shooting at zombies your going to be shooting for the head anyway.

Primary Arm:Long-Las For the same reasons as above. I'd turn it down to its lower setting and use it for fun and scavenging basically. I'd have the side arm for if a Zombie crept up on me and if I needed to really do some damage I'd use my vechiles. Speaking of which:

1 Land Raider Ares The Demolisher Cannon would come in useful for if I needed to clear my way through the rubble. The Assualt cannons for clearing a path through Zombies. The Heavy Flamers for burning the bodies to clear the way if they get too numerous and the dozer blade for both rubble and dead body clearance.

2 Devilfish: Good transports that can run fast if need be to get survivors out of a potential danger zone.

1 Tetra: For scouting and food finding missions

1 Valkyrie: Just in case I needed to get into the mountains/across water very fast.

1 Trojan: You never know when you may need it.

#16 ·
Melee: Powersword
Primary weapon: Bolter (Guaranteeing there's gonna be ammo dumped around this dismal zombie hell hole)
Secondary: Las-pistol, doesn't need ammo?

Vehicles: 2x Landraider Crusaders. Immagine all those bolters vs Zombies ;]
2x Imperator class Titan. Besides being the most brutal "Vehicle" as such, there's the huge cathedral on it's top half. People are gonna need accomodation.
1x Necron Monolith, Mucho firepower, no need for fuel? Teleporter.
1x Eldar fire prism. Pretty rapid response?

#17 ·
Melee: manreaper (good in crowed areas)
Weapon: heavy stubber ( that way i could find ammo of similar type

Vehicles :Thunderhawk (4 heavy bolters, why not?!? and good transport)
Gorgon (another good transport)
1xImperator Titan to level bridges full of zombies or buildings full of them
and 3 baneblades (no fear of fuel as imperial machines run on plasma generators :D)

#18 · (Edited)
Main Gun: Kroot Rifle. It has range, it has stopping power and it has the added bonus that should a zombie sneak up on me, I don't need to waste time taking out my melee weapon. Failing that, a Storm Bolter.
Side Arm: A Stub Gun with Dum-Dum rounds. Again it's got stopping power, and the ammo is damn well everywhere. 2nd choice would be like everyone else has pointed out, a laspistol, for the simple fact that you can charge the packs by leaving them in the sun or just chucking them in a fire.
Melee Weapon: Scout Combat Blade. It's reliable and the size of a sword, plus it's mono-molecular edge is going to give me the upper hand against unarmoured enemies, which zombies tend to be. Makes it easier to slice off heads and limbs.

None of these weapons will really slow me down in any real way, well the storm bolter might if I take it, but I can holster/sheath/sling the rest and still be able move with ease. Also, they're a fairly available choice (so long as there were some Kroot stopping by your world). My first choices are also solid slug ammo, so would be quite easy to make it myself. The same goes for the survivors in the main group listed later, all solid slug, easy maintanance weapons, such as autoguns, shotguns or las-weapons.

Vehicles: I was leaning towards some Dark Eldar Raiders, but being open you wouldn't be secure when sleeping, and supplies would just slide off unless tied down, and you'd have to stop and land to get the supplies between vehicles.
I eventually decided on 2 Ork Trukks (modified of course: enclose all the compartments, boarding planks to transfer people and supplies between the 2 Trukks while moving, and a nice big dozer blade at the front to clear away any zombies.).
Add to this 3 Buggies, 1 with Rokkits, to run as outriders and long range scouts.
And finally Battlewagon with plenty of Big Shootas to act as a mobile strongpoint to house most of the group's survivors and supplies, with everybody inside also armed, it'll make the zombie's life hell trying to storm it. The Trukks and Buggies go out foraging, and bring the majority of what they find back to the wagon for safe keeping, holding onto only what they need to keep going for another day.

Foraging trips would be made in pairs, 1 Trukk and 1 Buggy in both groups, with the 3rd "Rokkit" Buggie staying with the Wagon. The passengers in the Trukks disembark and quickly seach the area, with the Buggy patrolling the area, and the Trukk with an open view of the area. Both can then provide cover fire to the team on the ground if they run into zombie trouble, giving them time to get whatever supplies they found back to the Trukk. If surrounded, the Trukk takes the lead and plows through the zombies, with the Buggy following in it's wake.

I'm considering dropping the Rokkit Buggy and taking a second identical Battlewagon, that way we can carry more supplies, and at night the Trukks and Buggies can park between them and shelter from the zombie hordes under the sweeping seachlights and big guns of the Wagons.

How long are we stuck in the middle of this zombie apocalypse for anyway? Do we have to reach a certain place to be saved, last a certain amount of time for relief from the PDF? Or are we merely surviving? Because that's what I've gone for, slowly moving across the land, taking any supplies I can find as I go, and just holding the group together for survival in general.

#20 ·
I havn't actually seen it yet, but if there's no goal other than survival then I can dig it. Do we have to worry about any big beasties? Or is it just un-numbered swarms of zombie goodness?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.