Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this over on BoLS. I put it here as opposed to the WFB forum as it does staddle both, and here is more active.

Has anyone else read the book yet? this sounds very interesting considering GWs active efforts in the past to completely separate the two.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/breaking-40kfantasy-crossover.html

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Ehh, that's actually kind of funny.

Could you imagine a grey knight grandmaster managing to walk into the Fantasy world? Genetic super soldier with storm bolter against regiments of squishy things with sharp sticks. It'd be hilarious.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ehh, that's actually kind of funny.

Could you imagine a grey knight grandmaster managing to walk into the Fantasy world? Genetic super soldier with storm bolter against regiments of squishy things with sharp sticks. It'd be hilarious.
Take it a step further and he becomes the greatest Blood Bowl player ever.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Its not to hard to imagine. When reading Daemon World, it kind of explored worlds within the eye. 40K troops were there but served as body guards for the ruling daemon.

With all the action and ambition of the traitors to try and take over the Imperium I don't think its too farfetched to believe worlds within the eye are not as advanced, focusing on the reign of their gods on individual planets.

The fantasy world is interesting though in the sense that it isn't a warped planet but instead partially warped. I always pictured the fantasy world as a different game for the Chaos gods much like players like the different aspects of the 40k and fantasy game. There's different rules and goals.

There's a book called "Liber Chaotica" I believe that had some hints of connection. Though there seem to have been time and time again, teasers, it still remains improbable to work the two out together. How such a planet would be segregated from the rest like that seems a bit farfetched. Its possible the planet is very far away from the rest of the 40k setting, I think its interesting the incorporation of Old Ones in the fantasy universe and the Lizardmen who seem to have a "protector of their legacy" aspect. It also used to be run by Elves, which also has a nice connection.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Considering the efforts they've gone to to seperate the two IP's from what it used to be, which is what people said in things like Daemon World (although that is not only fairly old, but also it's Ben Counter who tends to play fast and loose with such aspects of canon) it seems strange. Sure, you've got Chaos Daemons which are the link, and the obvious allegories, such as Space Elves, but to now chalk up this and melding the two seems strange.

If we start seeing Eldrad Ulthran or Archaon suddenly morphing into Abaddon, I'll be a bit annoyed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well, one thing we would know in an eventual meeting is the WF planet would receive an Exterminatus order after being declared too corrupted by Chaos and Xenos to redeem, only slighly after an Astartes chapter snatches up Felix as the only viable Astartes candidate from the planet.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Well, one thing we would know in an eventual meeting is the WF planet would receive an Exterminatus order after being declared too corrupted by Chaos and Xenos to redeem, only slighly after an Astartes chapter snatches up Felix as the only viable Astartes candidate from the planet.
You mean an Exterminatus order despite it being a planet deep in the Eye of Terror/Warp? Right. And Felix is around retirement age.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
During the Albion campaign there used to be magic item rewards and most of them were basically 40k weapons with a fantasy spin on the name. For example I recall one was double your strength but always strike last and was called something along the lines of gauntlet of stars or something.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well the newer ones that you had pointing to the link was the latest Daemon Codex for WFB what had most of the same features on the map as the 40K one, and included the Eye of Terror in the background somewhere.

Go back long long ago to the WFB Albion (Dark Emissary) campaign and you had the rewards given out at the end though (fantasied up a bit) of Dark Elves won a Power Fist, Refractor Field and Scanner. High Elves got a Lightning Claw, Powered Armour (not to be confused with Power Armour) and a Flamer. Dwarves got a Power Sword and Empire got what was an old Force Staff.

http://redelf.narod.ru/w6/albion/a_treasures.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts