Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, my friends and i are planning a 40K versus fantasy game, and have run into a few problems. Each "team" is going to use it's own ruleset, to make it easier, but a problem has arisen. The vampire counts have a unit that can only be harmed by magical attacks (a ghost or something) but the vindicaire assassin disregards all rules regarding shooting. So which prevails?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just say that he can only hurt it with his anti-psyker round. That's pretty much the equivalent of magic in 40K anyway.

·
Registered
811 Posts
at which point I would say that you should create a special rule based on this quote I saw one time
"any technology that is distinguishable from magic is not sufficiently advanced"
a technology that is super advanced is indistinguishable from magic and should therefore count as magic.

like Plasma, melta, gauss, power fists and lightning claws.
(or any tech that is equivalent)
also, all psychic stuff should work.

or simply disallow that unit from the game

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i found the same problem when i did this with a friend he was using the green knight who can only be hurt by magical attacks. we solved in by saying weapons which ignore armour. to solve your problem go with the vindicare prevails or roll a 4+ for it.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Just make something up. There is no such thing as magic in 40k so you are going to have to say that certain things "count as" magic.

If this is the biggest problem you face, I'd be amazed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts