Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a hiatus of a couple of months the 40k Trivia Game is back for Round 5.

Previous Winners are:

Round 1 - Jacobite
Round 2 - MarzM
Round 3 - Asianavatar
Round 4 - squaddiee

No real reason they are named - its just nice to keep a record thats all

It's really simple. One person asks a question (obviously it has to be 40k related), then the next poster tries to answer it. If the original poster verifies the answer correct then the answerer gets to ask the next question. Every question you answer correctly is worth one point, and I'll record everyones' scores in this post. If you don't verify other people's answer to your question right or wrong for 24 hours or don't ask a question after you've been verified correct for 24 hours someone else can ask a new question. If no-one can answer your question correctly for three days then you can ask a new question. The winner is the person with highest score at the end of the month! There are also awards that you can get by doing certain things, they are listed below. So now's a chance to show of your knowledge of 40k! (or just Google the answer! )

If you need to see how the game works or what sort of questions to ask heres a link to the previous round:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3201&highlight=Triva+Game

Awards

* (D) = The Dominator award: Answer 3 or more questions in a row.
* (ST) = The Stumper award: If a question is asked and no one gets the correct answer within 3 days.
* (SP) = The Speed Demon Award: Answer a question within five minutes of it being posted.
* (40KF) = The 40k Trivia Freak award: Answer 50 questions correctly.

Important: If at any point you get more than 4 questions right in the this game you can no longer participate in the Newcomer game. Your just too good otherwise.

Scores -

Jacobite: 8 * (SP) x2, * (ST) x5
Jase: 8 * (ST) x 1, (SP) x1
Pandawithissues: 5 * (ST) x3
cccp: 4
fatboy955: 2
Casmiricus: 2
CallumM27: 2
The Son of Horus: 1
Kapeesh: 1
Pariah Mk.213: 1
asianavatar: 1
Mikal Darkus: 1
torealis: 1
kiboko: 1
vindur: 1
Trigger: 1
Engelus: 1
Dragonlover: 1 * (ST) x 2
lolthirster: 1

First question is: There are two conflicting detials on the amount of ammo in hotshot rounds. What are they?

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
well, in the guants ghosts series, the earlier books state that a hotshot clip is like an overcharged version of the normal lasgun clip, with the same amount of shots. as each normal pack is good for about 30 rounds, that would be my guess.

however, later on in the books it says that each clip is good for one shot only.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good enough for me. Another possible answer is that the Imperial Infantrymens Uplifting Primer states that each clip is good for 20 shots. But cccp is right, I was looking for a answer that said that one theroy says it only has one shot and another says it has more than one.

Your q.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here's a fun follow up to that...

Necromunda has Hotshot ammo, too, but it's a shotgun round with a small amount of promethium inside

·
Registered
195 Posts
can someone post another question please? been a few good days now, i had to search to page three for this ^^

·
Registered
195 Posts
would be my pleasure,

Ghazgull thraka used to be accompanied by a banner toting "lucky" grot, what was the Grots name and how did he die?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i've been away for a few days now, either i've created a stumper or no one is playing this game anymore...

any way the answer to the question is Makari and as of page 6 of the ork codex it says "..lived to the ripe old age of nine before finally being sat on by his master and subsequently fed to an ill-tempered squiggoth"

i'll set another one just in case people are still playing this:

what was the name of the Host body Eisenhorn finally (as in at the end of the series of books) managed to bind Cherubael to?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i know i'm kinda the only answering at the moment, but i do love these quiz.

is it Mkvenner by any chance?

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's not Ven? Damn... Is it that "Ezra," or "Ezrah" fellow, the one who's fanatically devoted to Gaunt? Bah! If I'm wrong, I'll need to go back and read the books again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mkvenner was the last surviving Tanith trooper trained in the use of the figthing style developed by the Nalsheen, he wasn't one himself.

Other then that? Not a freaking clue!

EDIT: Right, I tried to find it for my own interest online ... absolutely no mention as to who the last of them was ANYWHERE!!!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Close cccp, your getting there but not quite. This is a very techniacl question so you have to word it exactly right.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You just have to think about it. Thats all. Its a very hard question and yet a very easy question. The answer isn't stated exactly in the books, clues to it are given in the book and then you just have to think about it.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts