Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the 40k Trivia Game (again, yes again). Round 4.

Previous Winners are:

Round 1 - Jacobite
Round 2 - MarzM
Round 3 - Asianavatar
Round 4 - ???????????

No real reason they are named - its just nice to keep a record thats all

It's really simple. One person asks a question (obviously it has to be 40k related), then the next poster tries to answer it. If the original poster verifies the answer correct then the answerer gets to ask the next question. Every question you answer correctly is worth one point, and I'll record everyones' scores in this post. If you don't verify other people's answer to your question right or wrong for 24 hours or don't ask a question after you've been verified correct for 24 hours someone else can ask a new question. If no-one can answer your question correctly for three days then you can ask a new question. The winner is the person with highest score at the end of the month! There are also awards that you can get by doing certain things, they are listed below. So now's a chance to show of your knowledge of 40k! (or just Google the answer! )

Awards

* (D) = The Dominator award: Answer 3 or more questions in a row.
* (ST) = The Stumper award: If a question is asked and no one gets the correct answer within 3 days.
* (SP) = The Speed Demon Award: Answer a question within five minutes of it being posted.
* (40KF) = The 40k Trivia Freak award: Answer 50 questions correctly.

- Scores: -

Squadiee: 4
Asian Avatar: 3
Jacobite: 3 *(ST) x2, * (SP)
Bishop120: 3
Anti-Paladin: 3
O'sharan: 1
cccp_one: 1
Dragonlover:1
Dreamseller: 1

>>>>> This round will end at the end of the month. Good luck to all <<<<<

Since Asianavatar won the last round he gets first question.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
There are two thoughts on the origins of the Grey Knight gene seed. One thought is that it came from the emperor himself. The other thought is that it is mix of 8 geneseeds. Where did these 8 geneseeds come from.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Well the other thought is they were taken from the Death Guard that fled on the Eisenstein from the Istavan III massacre. I personally believe they were taken from the Adeptus Custodians and modified. The Emporer has no gene seed... he was born the way he is.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Isn't it from eight loyal marines from the old traitor chapters? This was during the seige of the emporers palace when the emporer asked Malcador the Sigillite to find him a group of people whos loyalty, courage and strength of mind was unquestionable

And so he did, by choosing marines that had chosen to disobey their legion and primarch to support the emporer

·
Registered
269 Posts
good detail squadiee. shock!!

wikipedia
Another possible source for their gene-seed is a purified 'cocktail' of the eight loyal Space Marines from the traitor legions, presented to the Emperor by Malcador the Sigillite, during the Siege of the Emperor's Palace. Malcador had been charged by the Emperor to gather a group of people whose loyalty, courage and strength of mind was unquestionable. The resulting eight marines possessed paranormal skills that were kept dormant (in respect of the Council of Nikaea's previous ruling) and had cast aside former loyalty to legion and Primarch.

·
Registered
304 Posts
^ WOW! I knew having a friend who plays daemon hunters would be useful someday (when we're not playing at least, hes ALWAYS useful then)

damn, now I owe him one, maybe I just won't tell him I remembered...

1 - 20 of 111 Posts