Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PAW 2007 is the next incarnation of Plymouth Association of Wargamers' annual show, and will be held over the weekend of February 3rd/4th, 2007.

Once again, we will be running a WH40K tournament to supplement the WHFB and 25mm DBM comps that we traditionally run.

If anyone is interested in taking part, details are here

General details of the show (including maps, times, etc) are here

We need people to confirm their entries pretty quickly (preferably by sending in their entry cheques), or else some of the spaces will be transferred to one of the other competitions.

johno

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
where it says forgeworld models are ok does it mean stuff like you can use a FW thirster as your Codex thirster or can u use anything that isn't then specifically exemplified in the next list? Because FW stuff puts me off as the stuff ive played has always been pretty broken

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally, it means you can use the Forgeworld version of a model without issue.

Where the ForgeWorld rules are different from the standard published ones, what's allowed is decided on a case by case basis by the umpire.

I know that he has already allowed the FW versions of the Ork Looted Rhino and the IG Griffon Mortar, for example - not that either of these is particularly broken.

Generally speaking, any ForgeWorld RULES that are well known to be broken will not be allowed, although the model might well be usable to represent something else.

johno

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ok, i thought the griffons inferno rounds were pretty bad myself :) making fearless stuff auto fallback is pretty nasty

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno about the Inferno rounds - I know he's passed the vehicle, but he didn't mention the rounds.

Anyway, speaking as an Ork player, if someone wants to sit Fearless troops at the back edge of the board where they are vulnerable to the inferno rounds, they deserve all they get!

But seriously, that particular item is a bit over the top: I'll check if it has been allowed.

johno

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Cheers :) although i still managed to win the game easily enough one shot took out 2 pathfinder squads, and 2 standard ranger squads in the first turn before i'd moved a single model :( it was in a gw store where terrain was limited to say the least so they were all near the back of the board. Its a large template, indirect and no cover save. Harse imo

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
me and jezlad are interested, we just need to see if we can both free up that weekend. Maybe we'll be able to get a few of the others interested as well

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update:

Because of a surge of last-minute interest, we have extended the entry deadline until 21st January

We have allocated more tables to this competition, so we still have some spaces

johno

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.