Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Hah, I was talking with the staff in my local GW today about whether GW would do an EoT with 40k. They frowned and said, not likely any time in the next few years. Then I suggested that the primarchs could come back if they did. They were equally skeptical about anything primarch related.
If daemon Primarchs are unleashed...that opens a whole pandora's box.

· Registered
452 Posts
Not to pick on your store employee, but the avg counter clerk knows nothing of what's coming while the sources for the rumor are both highly vetted rumor sources.

Just saying....
I'm sure you're right. But it is kind of sad that the store employees appear to be further down the chain in terms of knowing what's going on.

· Registered
452 Posts
Actually, the reasoning given by the GW staff as to why 40K wont feature such a dramatic change as Fantasy was this;

Fantasy took place on one world, with its land masses all drawn out and discovered (although the East was still a little mysterious). It was such a fixed world that it left designers little to do. It was difficult to add a new faction and tricky to change up units or add anything that was drastically different from what was already established. All that they could really do was bring out newer versions of older models. In creating the EoT and then AoS it gave them free reign to change everything and take things in totally new directions.

40K doesn't have this problem. There is a whole galaxy to play with. They can add new races without any issue and just say that they were hiding in some uncharted part of the galaxy. They can bring in new units and just say that an STD was discovered, or that some ancient Eldar phoenix lord came along or whatever. What 40K has that Fantasy didn't, is flexibility.
So there is really no need for any kind of EoT event as in Fantasy. They can keep to the established lore and just bring out another Black Crusade every few years.

I actually think that this makes a lot of sense. Doing an EoT on 40K isn't necessary. Sure, they can bring in some Daemon Primarchs and nothing really changes in the lore because we know that they sometimes make an appearance anyway. But as for progressing the timeline and perhaps killing/reviving the Emperor is just too dramatic a change for GW's main cash-cow. If your cow is giving you milk, you don't cut its legs off in the hope that it gives you even more milk.
So, we'll see some new units that are already cannon, but I doubt very much that the timeline will move much past where it's hit already.

Slaanesh is safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.