Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok, I know that most RPs use those automated dice thing and stats to start off, but I have never really liked them. So I'm starting up this RP thread where its using your imagination to create scenes and develop your character, and yada yada.........

I'm thinking that Imperial Guard would be the easiest to RP with in the sense I'm meaning, or possibly the Imperial Navy. I'd like to have peoples thoughts and opinions about this before I choose a race we RP with, and what the scenario is. Please post them up here, and if you would like to use a race other than IG post your reason as to why you think we should be that race.

EXAMPLE:

I believe we should use the Imperial Guard as you know what the Imperial Guard do, how they do it, and the Command Structure, they are easy to use for this because there is a lot of flexibility to use, should enough players join up, we could have a couple of Squads worth of people, each split into fire teams, to fight in an Urban enviroment. Or we could make it a siege kind of scenario, like that from the book "Fifteen Hours"

Please post opinions here :D

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
the ig are the most normal humans in 40k.
with means that they can go different ways and peform different.

go for it:eek:k:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I would personally prefder to be an assassin. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that would be awesome... would I be able to be an ork kommando?

oh and for a scenario trench warfare... like in 15 hours that is an amazing book, you should read it some time

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have read it, and that was something I was thinking of a trench war..... :eek:k:

I'm a little scetchy about have people playing as another race...... (people arguing over who dies and such)

And no one will be a Space Marine, reason, it would be sexcist, all Space Marines were male (as far as we know)

Let me have a think on the kommando thing, and I'll write up a storyline and character sheet.

·
Registered
905 Posts
errr... i dont think ppl arent gonna wanna be a SM bcuz its sexist... just my opinion but i dont get that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea but still I would be happy being a guards man... but being an ork kommando would be badass... either way I don't care

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the RPG your investigators for the most part seeking out corruption and taint both within and with out the empire of man. Other races are considered the enemy of man. We've started the group and have a Psycher, Scum (rouge), Me a Soldier for a fuedual world) and an assaissin. Our task is Inquistion and protection of the empire, of a thousands of teams.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to speak to one of the admins or Mods and see if I can change the title to Discussion Thread...... so we'll have an entirely new thread for the actual RP :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just give me some cardboard body armour and a lasgun. I'm sure I'll be able to figure out what direction to point it in on my own.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Though of course, I'd love to be a Dark Eldar, but it won't fit in ... unless I've become trapped and have information that is vital to the rest of the team, so it's mutual co-operation.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry not been on, family problems, I've got a storyline written up somewhere <.<; And that dark eldar thing has given me an idea <.<;

·
Registered
309 Posts
You mean I get to be a ... ok, Dark Elves call themselves Druchii, but does anyone know what Dark Eldar call themselves?!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts