Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The end of 40k Radio

Hi all

Sad news by the look of it. I was just checking for the latest show upload to see that 40kradio have decided to stop making new shows due to some serious personal attacks and family threats.

"What a long crazy journey this has been! I want to thank each and everyone who listened to the show. You truly made it an enjoyable experience. Meeting you all at live events or on the chat or on the phone has been amazing. It is something I will never forget. In light of recent threats to myself and my family I have decided to close down the show. I did not start this to allow people a platform to attack my family. This is a show about little toy men….moving on little toy worlds. It was supposed to be fun. Personal attacks and threats take that fun away.

I will miss all of you.

Thanks for listening."

I will miss the guys and their show, for more details head to http://www.40kradio.com/

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Wow... Well thats just.... Seriously... theres no nice words I can think of to describe the kind of idiots who've caused that to happen.

To put in perspective though what I think of people like that... Calling them idiots, its like calling Hitler the Pope.

:angry:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Why in hell would you prsonally threaten someone making a net radio commentary on toy soldiers! Idiots! That's all I can say!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I feel saddened after reading that....

The guy is going through a horrible personal experience, and some asshole uses it to attack the guy?? I believe that there is a special place in hell reserved for assholes like him..

I cant even think of a work to describe him.. Scum? Filthy Xenos Scum?

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
whoa! this is actually sickening to hear these scumbags verbally attacking his family problems because he gave someone who made a mistake another chance. whoever sent this email should be shot with balls of their own shite, hung until near death and have the shit kicked out of them every day for the rest of their life. i mean that must have been a difficult experience for spencer and then this fuckwit dicklicker starts mouthing off at him. how sad it is to see what sort of followers 40k has attracted over the last few years :nono: :nono: :cray: :angry:

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
You know ... I find it very disconcerting that other humans feel the need to bring someones personal tragic events into the fold to try to denigrate them. It shows an incredibly poor character and a serious mental vacuum to think that this would be OK. To me, it is alright to say that you think someone is an idiot or that they are fucking stupid ... you do NOT bring a persons family into the fold, it shows ZERO class. I can not blame him for shutting it down. The racist comment thing ... let it go, he apologized they said, and I am sure he meant it. The masses are ignorant fools that can be let astray very easily. I have never heard a broadcast before, but I am sure that if he had sponsors then he was onto something good. What a shame.:punish:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've never listened to 40k radio so forgive my ignorance but what did jar jar do that started this whole series of events?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
This news saddens me greatly. While I did not always agree with points they were making in terms of tactics and such, they were always a good laugh to listen to. Especially in the fist 40 or so shows where it was a little rougher and it just sounded like a bunch of guys sat around, drinking, laughing and talking about little plastic men. It's such a shame to see how far internet cretisn will go. There is no reason to bring family into it, it just shows that you are an immature slime and means no one will value what you have to say.

I hope that nurgle finds said person and turns them into an ooze.

I wish all the best to spencer and the guys at 40k radio and hope their hobby is not too affected by this unfortunate event.

*Raises glass of the 40k drink in salute*

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've never listened to 40k radio so forgive my ignorance but what did jar jar do that started this whole series of events?
Jar Jar Accidently let the "N" word fly. Once. People go around saying that all the time, and when a Drunk JarJar, who has been in the room for the Marathon Show for 17 hours straight says it,... Just Wow. I didn;t care, but apperently, others did. Like Jack the Rippa, who I would like to congragulate him by putting my Foot up his Ass.:punish:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
good or bad, spencer does not deserve this.
If Mr stephen Hope uses this site please make yourself known. I doubt he ever will though as net tards use the written word and a loptop to say things they would never say face to face.
Shame. I will miss the podcast (never paid for it though)
D

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Very sad news, but cant help thinking that who ever it was who was harassing 40k radio has won.
I agree. You let one asshole ruin it for you with some internet shit talk, then you either have some seriously thin skin or were looking for an excuse to give it up to begin with. All they did by quitting was let the minority vote/voice have their way and win the fight. I would have told them to go fuck themselves while I kept on truckin'.

Jar Jar Accidently let the "N" word fly. Once. People go around saying that all the time, and when a Drunk JarJar, who has been in the room for the Marathon Show for 17 hours straight says it,... Just Wow. I didn;t care, but apperently, others did. Like Jack the Rippa, who I would like to congragulate him by putting my Foot up his Ass.:punish:
The "N" word. Funny how a person can get so offended by a stupid word yet go on to rip into another person and personally attack the guy about a sad incident that happened to him and his wife. Who is the real "N" in this situation?

·
Registered
22 Posts
this has made me so sad, i LOVED 40k radio and thier rants and the news that brought me such insite to it all, got to hate lil people hiding behind a screen really pissed off at poeple like that, as my comment on thier site says i wish them all the best of luck and i hope to see them again in the future

raise your glasses for 40k radio!

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's not right. What is wrong with people. The "N" word should not warrant that kind of response. I feel real sorry for him and his family...

As for this Jack the Rippa fella...what a fucking piece of shit. Again someone who takes the 40K universe a little too seriously. He'll get his "Karma" soon :mad:
<crosses fingers for large object from sky to strike his head>

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
This is sad & a real shame. I wasn't a huge fan but listined to them every now and then. It's amazing how somebody was so offened by one word that he felt justified in theatening someones family. Very sad day for all of us to have someone like that even thinks to call hisself a gamer.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
posting from work

That Stephen Hope sounds like a real piece of shit, the sort of pathetic, no-life, hate-filled internet wannabe tough guy who deserves to have his genitals stuffed in a nest of enraged fire ants. All he's really done is made himself one of the most hated people in the worldwide 40K community with that hate-mail.

I think it would be a great, great shame if this really did mark the end of 40KR - and it would in a way mean that Shithead Hope would have won. I would hope that Spencer would reconsider in time and get back to making the show again.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
posting from work

That Stephen Hope sounds like a real piece of shit, the sort of pathetic, no-life, hate-filled internet wannabe tough guy who deserves to have his genitals stuffed in a nest of enraged fire ants. All he's really done is made himself one of the most hated people in the worldwide 40K community with that hate-mail.
Fire ants? Hell, fire ants aren’t enough for egg sucking dog. :angry: Some one needs to shove a wasp hive up his ass. I hate people like this, they ruin everything for the rest of us who thoroughly enjoyed this show and the people on it. :wild::ireful2: This is just unacceptable behavior! Some one needs to beat this buffoon about the head making him repeat "I. Will. Not. Be. A. Prick.."

Oh and any man who threatens woman and children isn't a man at all this guy is nothing more than a cowardly punk.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts