Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched a trailer for the new Ultra Marines cg movie coming out. Being an out spoke player hater of them I was wondering which Chapter or Special Group the people would want to see in a movie.

For me?

F'n KILL TEAM

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The Imperial Fists are also supposed to make an appearance in the movie (well according to the movie blog in anyways) meaning they managed to pick the two chapters with the least personality. Mustard Men & Ultrasmurfs, what a combination. I'm an ork player & they're by far my favourite faction, but a movie with them as the lead will probably end up becoming some kind of slapstick joke so unfortunately that's a no go. Anyway, I think a badass movie would be if they had a Thousand Sons vs Space Wolves film. Their clashes are always the most epic.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Forget the tin can boys. I want to see the guard!!! I want to see earthshaker cannons, Valkyries, and Russ tanks. Then I want to see legions of lasgun blasts lighting up the sky.

But... That probably won't happen. The space marines are the poster boys for GW and the Adeptus Genericus are the most recognized of the SM.

A better question might be what villain would you like to see?

The elves (and/or dark variety), orks, chaos, nids, crons, or tau?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
It is good just as it is, with just the Ultramarines, and I dont understand whats wrong with them... Some time ago I used to hate them, but recently I have begun liking them quite a lot... And Imperial Fists? Awesome...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd like to see something on one of the chapters there isn't already an established back story. Or maybe something with the Black Templars, and their Emperor's Champion.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Waits on the revolts from the other 10+ Armies who will lose in this film.

Space Marines yet again being Bigged up.

Fuck the emperor!

I'll still go and see this! Just so i can say; 'That wouldn't happen', 'Lucky', 'Fake' and 'Wowww Codex-love'

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Kill Team is a race?
I assume he was talking about the Deathwatch. Otherwise, I have no freakin' clue what he meant either.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Don't hate the Ultramarines persae.... just that their accomplishments are bit out of league from the rest of the other armies in the 40k world, and therefore more unbelievable. Personally, I don't see why the ultramarines need more than Uriel and Calagar in this movie. Just put those two in this movie and they will defeat the "10+" armies.

I am impressed by the action footages, I was afraid the whole trailer was going to be a bunch of smoke flying around.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I dnt get why everyone is so shocked the GW went with the Ultramarines on this one, its their first film so i get the logic behind it.

As a noob to the hobby the first of two races your introduced to is the Space Marines, of the Ultramarines varity, they are probably the most established armys in the whole game and alot of new starters collect them (i was an oddity i started with the sons of Russ but thats not important) this means that anyone new to, fairly new to, or inspired by the film to start the hobby is not going to have major fluff overload when starting out.

Secondly as ive noted a few people have said this but the Ultramarines are GW's poster child when it comes to the Space Marines, and the 40k universe in a whole by that score its not surprizing they used them.

Finally and again i know you've said it but yes the Ultramarines are the least charismatic of the chapters but that makes them the perfect fix for a first movie as it would take estimated-ly an age to explain some of the more complex established chapters, and altho i doubt that many of us would find that boring, it not going to appeal to the masses and wont gross well meaning GW would can any idea of a sequeal/prequeal that may or may not be planed

not really a great shock when you apply alittle logic :p

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Much preferred it when the Black Templar and the Dark Eldar were the poster boys for 40k. But I don't really play anymore so I don't care. I'm just amazed at how BL has also hyped up the Ultramarines. Uriel... the ultimate ass kicker, I guess its good he doesn't have any rules in the game because he can't be killed. It would be like fighting the Night Bringer times ten.

·
Registered
745 Posts
the problem with the ultramarines, like ive said in other posts, is their primarch as zero personality so people just dont take to them as well as say the space wolves.
ultramarines have maybe the best looking paint jobs and armor so if they had a primarch people actually liked then the same old comments about UM being focal in all 40k stuff wouldnt be a problem. i think everyone can agree with this comment.
now my main gripe besides the graphics looking abit crap are maybe that the story isnt focused on say calgar or any of the main UM characters so we wont give a crap if they get killed or what. it would actually be great to see calgar get killed on camera and sicarius having to take over and this being oficial fluff.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Gaunt's Ghosts... or Eisenhorn.

Seriously. Come on. They're basically movies anyways, but with much better plots.
Yeah but, in general, movie adaptations of novels tend to be really dissapointing and I'd hate to have such awesome stories screwed up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Movie

Does anyone know approximately when its supposed to be released?

As for movies for GW in CGI - its about time. If anyone has seen the opening scene from dawn of war ive always thought stuff like would make great movies, cut scenes are usually far better than the game anyway - just look at the opening film scenes from the warhammer online game - absolutely amazing stuff - about time someone went further and made a full film out of that artform.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am impressed by the action footages, I was afraid the whole trailer was going to be a bunch of smoke flying around.
Yeah I thought the smoke was never going to clear. Considering its only 1.39 and about two thirds of that is smoke and the outro my interest has still been piqued.

As for races I think they're going to keep it as black and white as possible i.e. human versus alien to keep it simple and more accessible for people who might not be familliar with 40k. For that reason I expect to see SM's (obviously) Tyranids and/or Orks as they're motives don't take too long to explain. Maybe a few IG sprinkled in as fodder. I think CSM's and Chaos in general are definitely out of the picture as it opens a can of worms and would take to long for a single movie to explain without completely deadening the action.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I think i got a bit too excited when they announced the voice actors, personally the trailer looks a little weak to me.

The dialogue is a bit hammy in places, but mostly it's the editing that's putting me off. Some of those cuts are terrible.

Fingers crossed they sort that out for the final product.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
As for races I think they're going to keep it as black and white as possible i.e. human versus alien to keep it simple and more accessible for people who might not be familliar with 40k. For that reason I expect to see SM's (obviously) Tyranids and/or Orks as they're motives don't take too long to explain. Maybe a few IG sprinkled in as fodder. I think CSM's and Chaos in general are definitely out of the picture as it opens a can of worms and would take to long for a single movie to explain without completely deadening the action.
My best guess is that they'll probably be fighting orks. Looking at the trailer, those wounds some of the marines sustain are large an messy which indicates to me heavy callibre rounds, which also narrows down the list of possible enemies.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts