Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
They actually got it right. Loving the gothic look.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
hopefully space marines will NOT be playable and it will be other races only, otherwise what exactly will be the point?.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
but then everyone will think that guardsmen (eventually) = marines in fluff, marines should just be NPC's, there are still plenty of things you can be without being a marine, otherwise that's all you'll ever see

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
but then everyone will think that guardsmen (eventually) = marines in fluff, marines should just be NPC's, there are still plenty of things you can be without being a marine, otherwise that's all you'll ever see
Maybe instead of a direct upgrade to your character they will be unlocked as an option to starting new uplifted character like the Dread Knight(?) in WoW.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Would be smarter if you had to work up your way through the ranks to be a Space Marine...

Soo.. you start off as a normal human, battle through the initiation rites... become an initiate, spend time in the scout company... then work through being a space marine, to a Veteran, and finally getting your Terminator honours.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
and Imperial Space Marines.
Its listed as Imperium and not as ISM. Guess this could mean guard, sisters, space marines etc.
Im going to play a Sister of Battle if possible, if not Id like to play an Inquisitor or Imperial Guard squad commander. Would be fun if u had 5 guardsmen pets following you around. That would create some awesome large fights and could offset people in say Space Marine power armour.

I got this from /tg/ just now. Anonymous might not be the most reliable source for news but they're still a source none the less.
I guess it's just up to you to believe all of this or not.

As for me, I can handle waiting in anticipation for E3 and actually hear it from the horse's mouth.
Maybe some of this might be true, we'll never know until E3 i guess.

...then again, all of this might just be complete troll-foolery.

This is channel /tg/ news helicopter high above the THQ headquarters giving you live feed about the upcoming Warhammer 40k MMO. This is newsreporter anonymous maximus, reporting.
"From THQ private company conference of 20th january concerning E3 presentation plan:
Playable factions:
- Imperium
- Eldar
- Orks
- Chaos
Features:
- Focus both on Meele and Long range Combat
- covering system
- 29 Zones (21 claimable, 8 invadeable)
- Open-World
- PvP around resource gathering and taking strategic points
- center zone features a conquerable stronghold
- No playable Tanks or other Warmachines at release but implemented possibility for expansion
- Tyranids as full fighting PvE-Faction
Lore (being discussed concerning certain faction-plots at the moment but here are the things we determined with Games Workshop so far):
- Game takes place in the southern border-sectors of Segmentum Tempestus
- Factions fight over a destroyed imperial forge world called Tarelis and its hive-city Cerberus X (newly added to the lore!)
- The story of the game will NOT take place in a parallel universe! Just like the Planet Kronus (made by our colleagues at relic) Tarelis will be part of the lore!
- Tyranids will be main-antagonists
- Unfortunately Vigil-games was not allowed to use Relics Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter as Ork Warlord as he will make a final appearance in the second DoW2 expansion
Costs:
- 49.99$
Monthly fee:
- being discussed but most likely around 13$
Rating:
- targeted Teen/PEGI 16
Fully revealed at E3 2010."

·
Registered
674 Posts
A good 40k MMO would be Dark Heresy: online edition.

Seriously, what's wrong with the idea?

Other than the lack of idiots playing as Ultramarines, ala Jedi in galaxies.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
WTF does that have to do with a 40k MMORPG. seriously.:stop:

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
WTF does that have to do with a 40k MMORPG. seriously.:stop:
Concept art mate. Gives the developers a good idea of what looks they want. Did u seriously think they created the sprites without at least drawing them first?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am really liking the look of this so far! but i think theres a big probem that two other huge MMO games are going to be realesed soom, Star Wars and WOW expansion pack, and both Star wars and WOW are more popular and well-known than 40k so i dont think its going to be the most popular game when it comes out :(

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I am really liking the look of this so far! but i think theres a big probem that two other huge MMO games are going to be realesed soom, Star Wars and WOW expansion pack, and both Star wars and WOW are more popular and well-known than 40k so i dont think its going to be the most popular game when it comes out :(

It doesn't have to be popular, it needs to be good!

Matrix online was a pretty dire game with a meagre following, but that still had a decent shelf life regardless.

As long as the game is good then people will play it.

Pics look interesting, though all i can think looking at the first pic is how amazingly similar the UI is to Warcraft.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=96376&eventID=3155322

The above is a link to an Investor presentation that supposedly (I can't get in, not being an investor) sites that the game
has been in preproduction for 3 1/2 years, 43 million dollars budget, more vehicles in than a normal mmo, you and your buddies can operate a tank together. It's got 4 races with more races coming. release date 2012 as per slide presentation.
Quote taken from the 40k online forum here.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Dam, theres a monthly fee. Havent been playing WoW all that much lately, so I might cancel the subscription soon. Or keep playing it until around the release of this and cancel the subscription then so I can pay for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts