Maybe instead of a direct upgrade to your character they will be unlocked as an option to starting new uplifted character like the Dread Knight(?) in WoW.but then everyone will think that guardsmen (eventually) = marines in fluff, marines should just be NPC's, there are still plenty of things you can be without being a marine, otherwise that's all you'll ever see
Its listed as Imperium and not as ISM. Guess this could mean guard, sisters, space marines etc.and Imperial Space Marines.
I got this from /tg/ just now. Anonymous might not be the most reliable source for news but they're still a source none the less.
I guess it's just up to you to believe all of this or not.
As for me, I can handle waiting in anticipation for E3 and actually hear it from the horse's mouth.
Maybe some of this might be true, we'll never know until E3 i guess.
...then again, all of this might just be complete troll-foolery.
This is channel /tg/ news helicopter high above the THQ headquarters giving you live feed about the upcoming Warhammer 40k MMO. This is newsreporter anonymous maximus, reporting.
"From THQ private company conference of 20th january concerning E3 presentation plan:
- Focus both on Meele and Long range Combat
- covering system
- 29 Zones (21 claimable, 8 invadeable)
- PvP around resource gathering and taking strategic points
- center zone features a conquerable stronghold
- No playable Tanks or other Warmachines at release but implemented possibility for expansion
- Tyranids as full fighting PvE-Faction
Lore (being discussed concerning certain faction-plots at the moment but here are the things we determined with Games Workshop so far):
- Game takes place in the southern border-sectors of Segmentum Tempestus
- Factions fight over a destroyed imperial forge world called Tarelis and its hive-city Cerberus X (newly added to the lore!)
- The story of the game will NOT take place in a parallel universe! Just like the Planet Kronus (made by our colleagues at relic) Tarelis will be part of the lore!
- Tyranids will be main-antagonists
- Unfortunately Vigil-games was not allowed to use Relics Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter as Ork Warlord as he will make a final appearance in the second DoW2 expansion
- being discussed but most likely around 13$
- targeted Teen/PEGI 16
Fully revealed at E3 2010."
I am really liking the look of this so far! but i think theres a big probem that two other huge MMO games are going to be realesed soom, Star Wars and WOW expansion pack, and both Star wars and WOW are more popular and well-known than 40k so i dont think its going to be the most popular game when it comes out
Quote taken from the 40k online forum here.has been in preproduction for 3 1/2 years, 43 million dollars budget, more vehicles in than a normal mmo, you and your buddies can operate a tank together. It's got 4 races with more races coming. release date 2012 as per slide presentation.