Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else finding them selves using 40k or just tabletop gaming phrases and whatever leaking into normal life?
I know i do...
For example I refer to all dice as D6 or Dwhatever... And then have to correct myself for the uncultured :)
Other examples I often mention the speacial rules as well, like FNP when I take a hit in the gene seeds and keep on trucking :wink:
Things like that...
A, I insane and alone
Or amongst a group of equally insane people :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I often find myself saying "And they shall know no fear!" whenever I make a killer play in any game from MOBAs to MTG. I'm sure a few other phrases have worked their way into the list of references I almost unconciously make that 1/20 people I know ever get :p.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was once telling an old friend of mine about a transporter full of Land Rovers i'd seem on the way to work once, thinking he'd be interested as he owned one. He just looked at me confused, not knowing what I was talking about. It went like this:-
Me "You know you drove to work in one"
Him "I've got a Land Rover?"
Me "Thats what I said."
Him "No, you said Land Raider, whatever one of them is?"
I had to try and explain what a Land Raider was, it just confused him further.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing I do which I didn't think about, just like sonofvulkan, is call land rovers land raiders.
I also everytime I see the word 'Orc' I think it's spelt wrong for a second then I'm like... Oh... Wait I spell it wrong :)
In warthunder once, I called the shell I was firing a 'krak' missile... Someone noticed which was cool... Everyone else probally thought I was mad :/
I also spell demons deamons...

·
Registered
159 Posts
when im at work and get pissed off at a customer ( i work at a convence store) is scream "blood for the blood god" or "skulls for the skull throne" or the one that really makes people think im nuts " DEATH to the false emperor" who after careful thought and deliberation i have discovered to be Mickey Mouse......

·
Registered
533 Posts
I first started playing 40k at 11, and have never gotten used to the idea of the 'flamethrower' in computer games. They've always been flamers to me. I can't think of anything else but that one was deeply imbedded in my psyche early and I've never shaken it

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Well for me it's more obvious ones;

- A dice is called a D6.
- If I can't make up my mind, I always suggest to "roll a D3".
- When I hear the word "Chaos" I always refer to the 4 gods. (For example; The joker says "I'm a agent of Chaos" in Dark Knight, I immediately started wondering which god he served.)

Stuff like that :p

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I first started playing 40k at 11, and have never gotten used to the idea of the 'flamethrower' in computer games. They've always been flamers to me. I can't think of anything else but that one was deeply imbedded in my psyche early and I've never shaken it
To be fair most video game flamethrowers don't really throw the flame, they're more like torch so flamer to describe them is adequate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
(For example; The joker says "I'm a agent of Chaos" in Dark Knight, I immediately started wondering which god he served.)

Stuff like that :p
Joker is like Abbadon or Horus before him, he is Chaos undivided hell hes probably a god of chaos himself.....hmmmmmm purple paint, green paint, red paint, white paint............shiny

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
lots of gaming Terminology pops into my speech, but its not just from Warhammer, my mind collects from all over.
Yup, sounds about right. Mainly 40k terms and tabletop terms that leech into my speech from time to time, but sometimes from other games as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts