Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative model lines that wouldn't look out of place in 40K? I stumbled upon Rackham's AT-43 game last night while browsing; the Therians from that would make good Necrons. However, I don't collect Necrons! So are there any lines that produce good human style figures that I can mix in with my IG/cultists?

Edit: I realise that it's not going to be tournament legal to do so, but I seriously doubt I'll ever take part in a GW tournament, so it's not an issue.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
I have a huge bundle of picstures from a wide range of miniatures game/companies on my pc at home, if I get around to it I'll post some suggestions tonight. If not, I'll get around to it tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I havent done an official GW tourney so dont quote me on this, but i think they allow models converted with non - GW parts as log as the model is at least 75% citadel minaiture, s'what i was toldat my local GW store anyway, but I know certain organizations like the warhammer player's society dont really give a damn as long as they look the part(or that was the case last time i went to one)

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FW

try these guys, i got some 'jungle troopers' off them a few years back, pretty good stuff and not overly pricey

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Pig Iron Productions makes some cool guys, the Kolony guys wouldn't look out of place as Death Korps or Steel Legion troopers. Gas masks and shotguns.

They're in the UK though so buy from thewarstore.com if you live in the US.

And Packing Steel, I'm pretty sure you're right about the 75% ratio, I've read that somewhere on their site.

EDIT: Whoops, here's the site: http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are pretty good. If I were a Tau player, I'd get their Wardroids, as they've done a better job of them than GW have.

Actually, why not just open up the thread a bit? Post any suggestions that you have for good alternatives (and not just ones that would work for my army :wink:), and post any pictures you've got of sneaky traitors from other lines hiding in your GW armies!

·