Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as my friends are discussing how we want to try warhammer 40k in a different way. So here is what we came up with, a Salamanders tactical squad are sent horribly of course as warp energy sends there drop pod into a chaos infected hive world. Nurgle's has "blessed" this place and all the denizens of the Hive World have turned into zombies. So this is suppose to be how they survive and try to escape based off the 40k rules. They find new gear and I was thinking of implementing some of the percentile dice of dark heresy for tests. Also for a final boss they fight a great unclean one. Tell me what you think of this feedback would be nice.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Single drop pod vs Great Unclean One. I don't care what you have in that drop pod, it's not looking too good for it :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a great idea.
You might also want to check out Necromunda or Inquisitor if you haven't already, both are games based on the 40k universe which revolve around small unit battles, and you could probably change a few rules to include space marines.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Back in my old GW we used to use something called "Movie Marine" rules to play out all sorts of epic scenarios. These rules, if you can find them, pretty much turn a marine into the killing machine the lore describes him as, able to engage platoons of men and orks single handedly. I always recall a zombie apocalypse which saw several of us take charge of an individual grey knight and fought off an entire city of zombies, complete with the risk of succumbing to the plague if you die. Probably the most fun game I've ever played.

L.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Sounds fun! As long as there is sufficient environment weapons to use or upgrade drops to allow the squad better odds.

Personally, I would ramp up the number of enemies and take a small detachment of Movie Marines. That would fit both instances and be pretty fun/hilarious at times.

*Ninja'd on Movie Marines!*

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nah, movie marines should cover it.

And Land Raiders are rare. Maybe find an Arbites rhino or use chimeras?

Probably with better rhino rules too...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Chimeras can fit Terminators, right? Use that, just in case one of the players has one. A Land Raider is too much of a step up in firepower in one go.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Look in the scenarios section for ideas, theres a few zombie threads there already.

I wouldnt use vehicles, how would a human zombie be able to break through the armor of a land raider, or even just a chimera?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
definately use some burgle marines xD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts