Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
via Faeit 212
Fortifications hit 6th edition with a bang upon its release. Instantly Aegis Defense lines were everywhere, and still today we see them in a good percentage of lists. Until now though, updates and new fortifications have been virtually non-existent with the exception of the Apocalypse releases which included some 40k rules in the box.

So now we have rumors of a large expansion into fortifications, including racial versions of the existing ones, and a supplement/expansion that will cover it. Months ago, we had something along those lines was in the early works, with a loose estimated timeframe of before or during summer 2014.

Whispers of this expansion have been appearing now and then, and finally something that looks a little more solid has run across my desk. A fortification supplement, something we have been really wanting to see as a community, and something that I would be picking up myself.

Please remember that these are rumors, and according to this rumor, the supplement is still in the works.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
there's a supplement that's divided by race with new fortifications and also new racial upgrades to specific fortifications.

For example the aegis defense line is imperial, but there'll be a tau version with a rail cannon instead of Icarus lascannon (not actual rules, just an example).

Currently it's being playtested as requiring a detachment of the race to upgrade the fortification, but that might change (everyone's been using imperial stuff for a long time now).

Just to be clear, the base of the fortification such as bastion, aegis, fortress, etc will all be the same, just the upgrades/guns that will be racially specific.

In so far as models, expect only imperial versions, and a modeling section on converting building racially inspired fortifications.

The book will have the rules for all the currently released fortifications plus a couple new ones (with models) and then as mentioned rules for racial upgrades

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
mmh...seems like the kind of shait gw could push on: instead of race specific buildings and fortifications, just crappy "add ons" and uprgade bitz.
Meh.
Just meh.
But I guess:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I want one. If only because Fortification is where I shop for my Anti-Air weaponry, and everything that increases options is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It's gonna be another death from the skies thing right?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hmmmmmmm..... this comes across like wish listing a bit to me. Until now we haven't seen any new minis with a Supplement so I'm a little sceptical. This would make more sense as an expansion rather than a Supp. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's gonna be another death from the skies thing right?
Death from the skies didn't actually have any new info, right? So hopefully it won't be!

I don't really care if there'll be any new models or not, but race specific weapons sounds very nice IMO. I hate the fact that every race and their moms are using the same kind of weaponry these days.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I think this expansion has a lot of potential. If they did it well they'ed be able to introduce some new seige warfare scenarios with altered FOC for attackers and defenders along with some stratagems, as well as rules for some new race specific fortifications. While I can't see every race getting new models, I could see maybe Tau and Eldar getting their equivalents of the defence line, bastion and maybe some sort of automated turret, think back to those defence nodes or whatever they were called that thge tau got a datasheet for shortly after the 1st edition of Apocalypse was released with the heavey rail gun thing bthat the Hammerhead is armed with.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This should be a FAQ that coincides with the model release. You had to be an idiot to buy Death From the Skies. Everybody was running the rules; nobody had the book.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
sounds cool
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Stronghold Assault adds a lot of Fortifications into regular games of 40k, and it appears most of the new ones are from the Wall of Martyrs sets. There are 17 new datasheets for fortifications.

Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defense Line is two sets of trenches for 80pts that only take up one fortifications slot, while a Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defense Emplacement is a single trench for 40pts. So there are lots of new options, that include multiple fortifications and brings them into a single foc slot.

Here are some of the new fortifications options
Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defense Emplacement
Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defense Line
Macro Cannon Aquila Strongpoint
Skyshield Landing Pad (can be upgraded to start a flyer on it)
Imperial Strongpoint (two bastions and an aegis defense line)
Imperial Defense Network (defense line, defense emplacement, imperial bunker, and a pair of vengeance weapon batteries) Can add quad-autocannons to the bunker

There are three new Seige War missions also included in the release

1 - 10 of 10 Posts