Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mixed feelings about this if it proves to be true. I look at all the really cool shit that's happening in WFB think it would be great to see something similar in 40k, but I'm not sure about bringing back the primarchs. Then there's the whole McNeill UM angle...:puke: he should just stick to the AdMech from here on in I think.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/40k-bombshell-end-times-coming.html?m=1

·
Registered
409 Posts
Seems Bols is doing some nice clickbaiting there, most other rumor sites already updated the articles on this or just ignored it, but they just have to keep those clicks coming, including a nice over the top title. What's next?

"You'll never believe these 10 simple tricks a space marine uses to stay in shape, click here to find out more!"

·
Registered
364 Posts
BOLS: noun, for example "a load of BOLS"

:)

And at the risk of steering this thread miles off course, 40K and WFB were once compatible. I remember playing Siege and having an Empire Army play - variously - a squad of RTB01 Space Marines, Imperial Guard or Orks. Was a laugh, but it could be done!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
"You'll never believe these 10 simple tricks a space marine uses to stay in shape, click here to find out more!"
I tried but it's not working :crazy:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
as already answered in another panic thread...
via Graham McNeil over on his site. http://graham-mcneill.com/
To quote the late, great Brian Glover, “This is rumour control, here are the facts…”
You may have seen a few rumours flying around t’interweb about the end times of 40k.
40k is NOT ending (well, beyond the mechanisms of the Golden Throne failing, the constant encroachments of alien invaders and the insidious corruption of Chaos…).

Context is everything…

This all came about after a conversation I had at the BL Weekender III, where I talked about things I’d LIKE to do in the next Ultramarines trilogy (not necessarily GETTING to do, but which I’d LIKE to do). One of the things I said was that I thought it’d be fun to bring Guilliman back, “probably not in a literal way, but in some form or another, and that such an event would, naturally, have further ramifications for the Chapter…”. I also said that I’d floated a bunch of ideas past the guys at editorial and had received a cautious, “That sounds pretty cool,” response.

And that’s it. That’s as far as any “progress” on this has gone.
So, get those panties unbunched, those knickers untwisted. Keep Calm and Keep Playing 40K.

See ya,
Graham

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I thought the current time period in 40k (M40.99) was called the End Times already.
That depends, did your army(ies) just get an updated Codex with Awesome Sauce new models?
No?
Don't worry, you've nothing to fear.
Wait, yes?
Well, alright!
Welcome to the End Times for your bank account! :biggrin:

·
Registered
77 Posts
It'd be pretty embarrassing to have posted such a far fetched article, having the author issue a statement correcting your embellished comments, and then trying to save grace with the little comments at the bottom saying it could be a cover-up. Admit defeat, guy.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts