Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to take the Chaos Codex and all of the units, add-ons and so on and take the time to make an Army builder equivilent Excell spreadsheet. Would anyone be interested? Are there already such things? and lastly comes the tricky part. How would i beable to do this including points and not infringe copy rights... I was thinking GW wouldn't have a problem if i made it so that if someone wanted it they would have to send me a pic of their codex in front of their login screen of Heresey. What are some thoughts on this. I'll be making it slowly regardless for my own usage but Let me know.

Woog out!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
having the Eye of GW on u is like having the Eye of Suaron on ya. Bad juju. seriously their Legal Department been suing evryone and everything for just using GW pics. I say at your own peril.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't be using pics and i would only be distributing it to those who own a copy of the codex and can prove it. I might only use Abbreviation and maybe page numbers to identify troops and what not.

woog out!

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
If it is going to be used by you and only you, there is no problem with adding in all the points data. I have done a similar thing, but there was lots of macros/vlookup formulas.

Otherwise, you have to have the data stored on the spreadsheet as far as I know (there might be someone with a greater knowledge :p). However, I would like to know how army builder have done it, because if you simply want to make one, then you could always try contacting GW about it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i was going to type it in manually but that's a lot of work. I have back ups of all my codex on my computer in PDF format. If there was a way i could have it access that file i would but i can't figure it out. I'm not an excel master like i used to be. Any suggestions or hints you have for me you can either post it here or shoot me a PM.

Woog out!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work. Don't know how good your German is but there's a great site that I've used a number of times as an army builder that can be found for free here http://www.onlinecodex.de/forum/portal.php. Everything is pretty easy to figure out and most things from the codex just use the English name but if you know the points value of something you can always find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts