Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

A friend of mine has been working his socks off and along with other contributors has put together a fully painted Salamanders Army (mainly by pro-painters) which is up for Raffle here:

http://idicbeer.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_9.html

In the bundle is:

Aegis Defence Line x1
Assault Squad x2
Bastion (scratch built) x1
Captain x2
Chaplain x1
Command Squad x1
Devastator Squad x1
Dreadnought x4
Drop Pod x2
Honour Guard x1
Jet Bike Squad x1
Land Raider x3
Land Speeder Storm x1
Librarian x1
Librarian Terminator x1
Master of the Forge x1
Objective Marker Set x1
Predator x1
Prime Vulcan x1
Razorback x3
Rhino x5
Salamander Riders x1
Scout Sniper Squad x1
Scout Squad w/Heavy Bolter x1
Second Company Captain x1
Sergeant or Hero x1
Storm Talon x1
Striker/Hunter Tank x1
Surprise Forge World Model x1
Tactical Squad x7
Techmarine x2
Terminator Squad x3
Thunderfire Cannon w/Techmarine x1
Vanguard Veteran Squad x1
Vindicator x2
Whirlwind x1

Tickets are £1.50 a go, all proceeds to Help For Heroes - few finer causes out there.
Any support you guys can give would be most appreciated, and you will have enough plastic crack to last some time.
Anyone going to Salute next year can see it displayed in all its glory.

·
Registered
688 Posts
As a current serviceman and avid 40k player I will first say thank you on behalf of me and many of my friends who are unable to say it and then I will join in an get me some tickets.

6 salamanders great companies, 6 tickets! It is!

Fantastic idea!

·
Registered
307 Posts
You guys are in the UK correct? Id love a ticket, but if it was Uk only, id be sad :/

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's definitely great to see people getting together and helping our service men and women. I'm thrilled every time I see people doing good things for our armed forced and civil services, more so because I was on the receiving end of those complaints as an U. S. Airman during my enlistment. Big or small, any help is always appreciated. And as far as I understand it, this is a worldwide thing to help out and get entered into the raffle. I donated from across the pond. 😄

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Holy terra, that's one hell of a prize!

I love the idea of community charity events and i've painted up some minis for this kind of thing before, this is the first strictly 40k one i've seen though.

Will definitely enter, though i think my sallies will look a bit overshadowed by some of those paint jobs.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are in the UK correct? Id love a ticket, but if it was Uk only, id be sad :/
Hi mate - the prize will be shipped any where in the world, so no worries on that front.

Thanks all for your support so far - after I posted this here on behalf of my buddy the pot doubled in just a few hours and now sits at over £1300 - top stuff.:eek:k:

·
Registered
101 Posts
How long is this going for? Gotta wait until payday, but willing to help a good cause... The army would just be a huge bonus.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to clarify, this is not my baby, simply posting this up for my friend who is the brains behind this, but happily answer any questions you guys have etc.

This will be open for a while yet - they intend to display the army in all its glory at Salute in April, so at least until after then. They are hoping to get something in the region of 5k in the pot, currently at 1.5k and growing quickly.
All those who pledge will have their email address added to the raffle x the amount of £1.50 they donate, and it will be shipped free to where ever in the world it needs to go.

Progress can be seen here

http://www.justgiving.com/Salamanderscharitybuild

And the real bonus - they ain't painted blue!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Before salute. I think I can get it done by then. I have to find it but I will toss in an airbrushed and possibly converted Rhino. If I get a FW order in I might upgrade it for Apoc games. Should be fun to paint green and I just picked up some new green airbrush paint.... Imagine that.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Before salute. I think I can get it done by then. I have to find it but I will toss in an airbrushed and possibly converted Rhino. If I get a FW order in I might upgrade it for Apoc games. Should be fun to paint green and I just picked up some new green airbrush paint.... Imagine that.
Obviously meant to be!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wanted to give this a little bump to raise awareness for the cause again. Last I checked we all helped to raise £5,723.17 of the target £7,000.00 so far.

On another note, all the donated models look outstanding! I'm glad to have been able to donate and see all the great work out into everything for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts