Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

would you buy a range of 40k based blind bags?

• yes, im a sucker for this type of thing

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • no, not willing to risk my money on a product like this

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • possibly if they were plastic but not if they were resin or metal

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • possibly if they were resin or metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • would consider it depending on other factors(please comment)

Votes: 14 46.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you not familiar with the idea its quite simple, a blind bag is a foil packaged product that would contain a model from a collection, that model might be common or rare but the idea is to collect a series of models. its a little like a MTG booster pack or baseball cards or lego minifigs.

so IF GW did a series of 40k blind bags containing a range of exclusive miniatures(all useable in the game) would you buy them?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Yeh maybe.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
How much would each bag cost?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I voted for depending on other factors. If the blind bags were specific to an army, say sm or csm then maybe I would buy one to try and get a limited edition model. If it was more random and I could end up with a Dark Eldar or Tau model which wouldn't be of use to me than I wouldn't take the risk.

·
Registered
537 Posts
depends on the other factors
if the bags were specific ( elder , SM,Necrons etc) then probably I would ( depending on how good the rare,s are ).

If it was pot luck , no considering what single blister minis cost im not wasting a tenner on what could be completely useless to me ( and something like that , with the chance of a rare figure aint going to be less than a tenner is it :) ) .

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Safest bet in my book would be to wait until the contents of said "Blind Bags" (Oddly enough, also what Zion calls his female friends :wink:...) inevitably show up on eBay...

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I dunno about blind bags, but when GW did offer grab bags ( 20 random 40k or fantasy battle miniatures for$20.00) I bought a few.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
geez, no. I definetely wouldn't spend money on "Warhammer The Gathering"...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Yes, I'd likely buy at least one. Plastic sprue blind bags would also be appealing, especially if they did some more 'special' sprues like their vehicle command sprue.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love these things, they are pretty common in Japan with action figures and such. I think it would be a nifty thing for them to do and if priced right makes great impulse buys.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
No, GW wouldn't be able to do it properly, I'd be worried that they charge £15-20 for one of these "blind bags" and sure you MIGHT get an awesome model like a unique cypher, but you might get a single unique guardsmen who's only unique feature is that he has a purity seal on his knob.

If it was pocket money kinda stuff of £3-4 then sure, but greed means that would never happen

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
It all depends on the price of it. Over here in NZD you'd be looking at probably about 30-40 bucks a bag, I an't shelling that out unless I know what I'm getting.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Safest bet in my book would be to wait until the contents of said "Blind Bags" (Oddly enough, also what Zion calls his female friends :wink:...) inevitably show up on eBay...
That's just so... wrong.

I dunno about blind bags, but when GW did offer grab bags ( 20 random 40k or fantasy battle miniatures for$20.00) I bought a few.

How'd that turn out? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts