Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this weekend I went to an unusual RT at Blobs Park (Beer Garden!) in Jessup MD Oh yeah.. it was awesome. Long.... but awesome. I got there at 8 am for dice down at 9 am and finished (after 4 games) at 11 pm. In between matches it was Beer and Bratworst for $5. Awesome time.

I fielded my Nurgle Force with some models that hadn't seen the light of day since 4th edition, I was looking for some change.
List was something like this:

(HQ) Chaos Sorcerer : Ws5 Bs5 S4 T4(5) W3 I5 A3+1 Ld10 Sv 3+/5+
Mark of Nurgle, Wings, Warp Time
Plasma Pistol, Force Weapon

(Troop) 7 Plague Marines : Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4(5) W1 I3 A1+1 Ld9/10 Sv3+
Aspiring Champion with Power Fist
2 Melta Guns, Icon, Rhino

Aspiring Champion with Power Fist
2 Melta Guns, Icon, Rhino

2 Plasma Rifles

(Troop) 8 Lesser Daemons : Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv-/5+

(Troop) 8 Lesser Daemons : Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv-/5+

(Troop) 9 Lesser Daemons : Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv-/5+

(Fast) 9 Chaos Raptors : Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4(5) W1 I4 A1+1 Ld9/10 Sv3+
Aspiring Champion with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol
2 Plasma Pistols in the squad, Icon of Nurgle

(Heavy) Chaos Predator : Bs3 F13 S11 R10
Twin Linked LasCannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Daemonic Possession

(Heavy) Chaos Predator : Bs3 F13 S11 R10
Twin Linked LasCannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Daemonic Possession

(Heavy) Defiler : Ws3 Bs3 S6(10) F12 S12 R10 I3 A3
Battle Cannon, Reaper Autocannon, Havoc Launcher
Daemonic Possession

Fist game I played against mechanized guard. There were many chimeras, 2 big tanks and a Valk. He basically turtled in a corner and hammered me for 2.5 hours. I stuck to my game plan and captured 3 table quarters, 3 objectives (including main) contested one of his and won the game. I was only able to kill about 600 points of his army, while loosing over 1500 of mine .. but, I won. :grin:

This was a mistake. I should have thrown the first game. :laugh:

My second game I went against a nice guy with a fabulous army of Egyptian Themed 1000 Sons. Briefly, there were 2 Flying Tzeentch Daemon Princes, a Greater Daemon, 3 CC Dreadnoughts, 2 Defilers, 3 Oblits, a big squad of 1000 sons (14?) and 2 small (5 man) squads in rhinos. (ish)

On round 2 I knew I was in trouble. I had used the "denied flank" tactic to try to focus my firepower and tried to seize the initiative but failed... it wasn't enough. I only had about 2 turns of shooting to before the wall hit.
I brought the Daemon Princes each down to 1 wound but couldn't finish them. I destroyed one of the Defilers and a rhino. He wiped me off the board. It took 6 turns.. but ... "tabled me".

My third game I played against Eldar in a straight victory points game. The game went back and forth several times. The combination of "Doom" and Blade Storm is nasty. My Raptors wiped out a couple of his squads but ultimately he "Doomed" them and the entire army shot at them for a turn, leaving the Sorcerer with 1 would remaining. The sorcerer flew off and murdered another squad before he was finally shot down too. It was a close game but I ultimately lost on Victory Points.

My fourth game I played against Tau. Yeah, 4 different armys!
He had Hammerhead with Rail Gun, Hammerhead with Ion Cannon, 3 Broadsides, 2 teams of suits, commander in suit, squad with marker lights, squad of Kroot with hounds, 2 squads of mounted fire warriors. Another close match. I was able to get my Raptors into close combat on turn 2. Very close.. but I made it. I murdered the marker light squad. I then lost about 2/3 of the squad due to shooting. The next turn I summoned a squad of daemons to deal with a beat up squad of the suits and charged the Sorcerer and remaining raptors into a second squad of suits with command. Killed the commander and his squad and then got gunned down. But... this game me enough time I position my army and score points. End of the game we each had 3 troops in the others deployment zone (primary objective). He scored 1127 Victory Points. I scored 1170 Victory Points. I technically won... as there were "no draws allowed". Crazy.

All in all it was a great event with good guys and fantastic prize support.

I'm thinkiing of pushing my army in an Undivided direction.

·
Registered
941 Posts
sounds like fun! You could use more raptors! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts