Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For my first new thread on this board, I will ask you a very important existensial question.

This is the scenario:

Everyone in the area you live somehow get turned into zombies (perhaps Nurgle has something to do with it?). For no particular reason, a magical midget in a bikini gives you a unique chance to select a number of things from any one armoury to any one army in the 40k universe in order to save yourself (and all the people you are able to save, although that probably won't be many, maybe 3-ish). This is what you can choose:

- One veichle with a free selection of upgrades, that if desired could one of its weapon functions swapped with any other weapon from the same armoury, but only if doing so would seem possible.

- Two sets of armour, complete with all the wargear you can fit onto it and a full set of weapons

- All the gadgets, food and survival equipment you can fit into your veichle.

What will you choose?

(In case you didn't get it, all choices have to be from the same armoury.)

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Baal predator, wi heavy flamer sponsons would be my vehicle of choice. Burn them all to sheeit.:so_happy:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>> Baal predator, wi heavy flamer sponsons would be my vehicle of choice. Burn them all to sheeit.:so_happy:
You know, that's a trap that way to many walk into. They think zombies = light infantry = easy target. but this IRL, not tabletop.

And as we all know, the only way to kill a zombie is to blow off its head or chest, or tear its lims apart. It says itself that heavy flamers won't be very effective at this...

You see, this is a much deeper issue than it appears at first.:p

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Arite then. I would go for a Baal predator wi heavy bolter sponsons. Blow there heads off, ppft. Blow them tae sheeit wi heavy calibre rounds. A pile o muscle and bone isnae gan tae shuffle anywhere.:eek:k:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>> Arite then. I would go for a Baal predator wi heavy bolter sponsons. Blow there heads off, ppft. Blow them tae sheeit wi heavy calibre rounds. A pile o muscle and bone isnae gan tae shuffle anywhere.:eek:k:
Land raider crucader. Plenty of shots to kill zombies and they can't touch the armour.:grin:
Wise choices for both of you. Here's mine:

- Land Raider Crusader, with all upgrades, a dozer blade instead of the front hatch and a (twin-linked?) missile launcher instead of the multi-melta.

- One set of terminator armour, with an assault cannon and eigther a lightning claw or a power sword (what do you guys think would be the most effective?)

- One set of power armour with a jump pack and Iron Halo, with a storm bolter, frag grenades and a power sword.

And tonnes of beef jerky ^^

·
Registered
97 Posts
Heres mine

- Sky ray
Decoy launchers, disruption pod, gun drones with burst cannons, Multi tracker, targeting array and target lock
- XV8 Battlesuit
twin-linked burst cannon, Shield generator, Vectored retro-thrusters, Failsafe detonator, Hard wired drone controller with two gun drones, irifium armor and hard-wired multi tracker.

·
Registered
800 Posts
a drednaught (chaos :p) with a chainsword on one arm and either a twinlinked heavy bolter on the other with extra armour...

and when im not in my dred :p id have terminator armour with a manreaper (gotta love it) and a storm bolter.

it would be a massacre

·
Registered
800 Posts
my other choices would be, a tau crisis battle suit (move faster than a broadside and you need to be quick)

with all the weapons it can carry haha

bassically any armoured suit kinda things... the only tank id get in is a pred or a land raider.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Vehicle: Eldar Falcon, fully upgraded. The Pulse and Scatter Laser effectively have unlimited ammo and the Shuriken Cannon can help out in a pinch. It can fly well above the zombies, and it can hover a mile in the air while I relax in the luxuriously outfitted troop compartment complete with a waterbed and mini-bar.

Actually, I'll swap out the underslung Shuriken Cannon for a twin-linked Starcannon.

Armour Set 1: Tau Crisis Suit with Plasma and Missile Launcher - plenty of range, never needs to get engaged and the Plasma Gun won't overheat and kill me. Might as well add a Drone Controller and a bunch of gundrones too.

Armour Suit 2: Terminator Armour with Assault Cannon, Missile Launcher and Chainfist.

·
Registered
800 Posts
i wud go naked with nothing more than a pork pie and a scythe

·
Registered
428 Posts
Is the magical midget in a bikini hot? These things are important.

Vehicle: Razorback with TL Heavy Bolter. (Gotta transport those you save)

Armor 1: Artificer Armor with Power Sword and Bolt Pistol, Frags and Kraks

Armor 2: Speedo with toothpick (if the midget in the bikini is hot)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Monolith
living metal armour they can never touch.
Gauss flux arc wpn-- lots of units in my 12" range. or simply particle whip them as I will surely get quite a few no matter where it scatters.
I'll have to find a way to mount a twin-linked pintle mounted assault cannon to it.
I'll be sitting in my homeade command module inside. can watch my results on cnn.
Room for plenty of cold bud,pizza and a squad of sisters of battle in my enourmous,ponderous vehicle.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Most certainly my vehicle would be

A: if it HAS to be 40k, then a Thunderhawk with unlimited fuel and gunz.

B: If not, then a Daniel Jackson class cruiser from Stargate SG-1.

Armor

1: Tau Crisis suit, Cyclonic Ion blaster, Plasma rifle, Hard-wired Drone controller (Gun) Iridium Armor, Stabilization system, Multi-tracker, Stim injector, Blacksun filter.

2. Grey Knights Terminator armor MkVII, Psycannon and Nemesis sword, frag and Krak, melta bombs.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
vehicle: preadator anihilator fully loaded with lascannon goodness.

armour1: Terminator armour with pair of lightning claws (i like to get up close and personal)

armolur2: Artificer armour with thunder hammer, plasma pistol and iron halo

Supplies: life time supply of pizza

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well

For my vehicle I'd take a Imperitor Class titan, and crush the infestation benife my feet :D
Armoure wise, Terminator with Assault cannon and Powerfist
Power armour with jumpack, a stormbolter, and a thunder hammer

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vehicle: preadator anihilator fully loaded with lascannon goodness.

armour1: Terminator armour with pair of lightning claws (i like to get up close and personal)

armolur2: Artificer armour with thunder hammer, plasma pistol and iron halo

Supplies: life time supply of pizza
Regarding your suplies:

a) wouldn't it turn a little mouldy after a while?

b) How are you gonna coock 'em?

And also, I don't think that the thunder hammer would be very effective agaisnt a near-infinate mass of undead, as blunt weapons can deliver deadly blows, but can only do so to one enemy at the time. And as zombies are incredibly weak, you won't need that power. And hence, a slashing weapon would be better.

The question is just, what would be the best agaisnt the zombies - a lightning claw or a power sword?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Regarding your suplies:

a) wouldn't it turn a little mouldy after a while?

b) How are you gonna coock 'em?

And also, I don't think that the thunder hammer would be very effective agaisnt a near-infinate mass of undead, as blunt weapons can deliver deadly blows, but can only do so to one enemy at the time. And as zombies are incredibly weak, you won't need that power. And hence, a slashing weapon would be better.

The question is just, what would be the best agaisnt the zombies - a lightning claw or a power sword?
I would cook the pizza on the preds engine and I imagine thunder hammers to be simmilar to grav hammers from halo 3. And imo lightning calws beacuse they would feel like an extention to your body and would look cool when fighting.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts