via 40k Radio 12-25-2013
40k 7th ed is slated for 2014 with fantasy 9th being scrapped for the time being. Apparently the source is the one that has been leaking them the info on SM and their other highly reliable previous rumours......
via Faeit 12-27-2013
The next edition of 40k will be called 7th, not 6.5 when it drops, but as far as rules go it will be less of a jump than 5th to 6th.
The key areas being updated:
Interceptor, sky fire, fortifications, lords of war, allies and data slates.
As for its release it'll probably be September not "the summer."
It's not finished yet, still being tested so anything can happen.
The thought behind this edition is to make the game less alpha strike explosive and more "competitive" at all points values (even when including Lords of War), but D weapons outside of apocalypse may see alternate rules.
Pistols in close combat in 7th
via 40K Radio 1-24-2014
Warhammer 7th Edition is a real thing for 2014.
1) It will purely be a book release.
2) It could be released as early as May.
3) Rulebook with incorporate data slates, escalation, stronghold assault, and some tweaks.
7th Edition Latest - 2-13-2014
Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition
7th Edition arrives in May
-A "true" release
- Updated fortification fules
- Integrated super-heavy rules
- Clarifications and FAQed rules from 6th
Lower quality chatter speaks of:
-Overwatch altered to deny shooting next turn
-Unit to unit assault leaping via consolodation moves returning to the ruleset
Faiet 10/04/2014via Faeit 4-10-2014
40k 7th edition and the new starter kit Beachhead Stygia. It is small kit, with only five scouts, five blood angels, a commander with jump pack, five meganobs, 10 armoured ork shootas including a nob with two-handed axe and 10 gretchins. There are some destroyed columns, destroyed gothic stone walls and a three-piece stone bridge carried by gargoyles. It has a 96 page book, but only about the half is used for rules including three scenarios. Expert rules like all vehicle-related stuff are omitted completely. There are a handful of dice, a ruler, but no blast markers.
At the same time, there will be a new starter painting kit with 10 snapfit miniatures that will bring the tactical marines from the starter box to a full squad size and gives the ork player 5 additional boyz. It has a 48 page booklet with additional scenarios and hobby guides, brushes, basing sand and glue.
Rumors are rumors, so don't get too upset if they do/don't happen.via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
- 7th 40k edition is only a minor update
- 40k run is part of the movement phase
- assault distance is not influenced by terrain, but gives minus two to
- vector strikes allow armour saves, but deal one to six hits
- 40k uses a percentage system for the army list
- you can bring as many different allies as you want. You can spend a
fourth of your points on allies, but they also count as their normal
- you can bring three allies to a game and must choose one
- bikes can strike units in 1” in the movement phase without assaulting
just like chariots, but can attacked back
- fortification and lords of war rules are in, but no profiles
- you have to pass a initiative test to shoot overwatching, get minus three
to ballistic talent
- you can engage new unit after victory in melee, but enemy can shoot
- you can choose to flee if you are charged but can be destroyed
- if you want to run in 12” of enemy you have to pass a leadertest
- vehicles get no cover saves against infantry, only against other vehicles