Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now looking at a combat patrol tournament tonight.

What do you reckon?

10x boyz, 1x Nob with PK
in a trukk (grot riggers, red paint)

11x boyz, 1x Nob with PK
in a trukk (grot riggers, red paint, stikk bomb chucker)

Warphead (to go in the first trukk with the boyz)

I thought this combo to try out the new warphead.
He will have the boyz around for mob rule test bonus, therefore he should get a few passes. Even support the boyz with possible extra Waaagh or take out any vehicles.

Hhhmm, chancing the points sink into the trukks, but I reckon that the mobility is needed.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I believe that your list will do alright, but the only time I have ever faced orks in a combat patrol there were about 100 grots. They won that tournament

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
nice it should work.. most people will be like wtf how many

but if it was vs my 500 point eldar list i doubt i would have any problems even if you went first

swooping hawks + exarch
farseer with doom
+ 10 rangers 2x5
move hawks
shoot rangers at tanks
if they explode
shoot with hawks exarch gets 6x rendign shots
rest get normal lasblasters
if i dont blow up i move in and hawywire

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

but if it was vs my 500 point eldar list i doubt i would have any problems even if you went first

I'd agree; it would be difficult to fix your army in place. Then no doubt most of it would be in or behind cover.

The Warphead is a gamble in this ....... the powers table sounds fun, but I don't know how effective he will be once I start losing the boyz.

At least no "perils" roll ... just a fizzle......

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on the performance

I'll post the details on the battle reports forum, tried this list on 3 games last night: Space wolves, CSM and an Eldar list.

People ....... the future is green!:victory:

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i think it would be better just to use troops and some kommandos
Yep, but these also performed excellently:victory: (I have now posted on the Battle Reports forum) check it out if you can spare the time.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5504

I saw a few Ork variations last night that appeared to be handling themselves comfortably at this level of gaming.

One had Looted wagons (rhino equivalents), with boys.
Another Had Big guns, grots and boys
Another had Kans and boys.

but I didn't get the full feedback on their performance, so I cannot give an accurate review.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts

swooping hawks + exarch
farseer with doom
+ 10 rangers 2x5
move hawks
shoot rangers at tanks
if they explode
shoot with hawks exarch gets 6x rendign shots
rest get normal lasblasters
if i dont blow up i move in and hawywire
Considering that you have 100 more points to spend, I don't really find it overly surprising that you could beat him.

I'm really not sure which weapon on the Swooping Hawks you think has both 6 shots and Rending, either. The Sunrifle fires that many shots, but it's most certainly not a Rending weapon.

Also, you'd need to be pretty lucky to take out a Trukk with a Sniper Rifle considering you're rolling 2D6 needing a 10+ to effect it.

Overall, it seems to me like you're making assumptions on how the game will go when in reality there's precious little you can prepare for until the terrain is set up.

Katie D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
swooping hawks with haywire grenades glance on 2s i can blow up trucks easilly with that

i can deep strike in and use my grenade pack thats a strength 5 hit on a opened top vehical

sorry sunrifle is 6 assault pinning :p i read it wrong :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
swooping hawks with haywire grenades glance on 2s i can blow up trucks easilly with that

i can deep strike in and use my grenade pack thats a strength 5 hit on a opened top vehical

sorry sunrifle is 6 assault pinning :p i read it wrong :D
If you're in assault range of the trukks, the boyz within are in assault range of your hawks. By bye hawks. You can't assault after deepstriking either.

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're in assault range of the trukks, the boyz within are in assault range of your hawks. By bye hawks. You can't assault after deepstriking either.
Trukks technically have charge of 13" (red paint) + 2" (disembark) + 6" = 21"
Hhhhm can we add d6" for a waagh as well?

They could be out charge if they would have to go around terrain though.

Now I've got dragged into the thread hijacking:ireful2:

What about my list guys? Please.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
strength 5 grenade pack anywhere on the table from a hawk landing anywhere on table on open topped vehicles... KABOOOM

also

swooping hawks
move 12 + fleet + assault == im in range he isnt if i hide behind cover

·
Registered
139 Posts
Grenade Packs are Str 4, but no problem, I'm sure you'll roll a 6 for the pen roll, and another 5 on the result chart.

Lemartes

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Grenade Packs are Str 4, but no problem, I'm sure you'll roll a 6 for the pen roll, and another 5 on the result chart.

Lemartes
yeah woops reading wrong stats

but still swooping hawks dont take difficult terrain tests

and wow your rep has jumped up 8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts