Discussion Starter · #1 ·
400 point combat patrol.
List 1
Jump sorc Bbos 105 (biomancy)
Cultists shotgun flamer 57
3x N spawn 108
Havocs 2 auto Rhino 130

Total 400
Spawn and sorcerer go and wreck stuff supported by cultists in rhino, while havocs do long range fire support .

List 2
Jump sorc BboS familiar 120 (biomancy)
3x N spawn 108
Havocs 4 auto cannons 115

Total 400
Sorcerer and spawn go and burn corpse followers while cultists bubble wrap havocs or grab midfield objectives. Havocs do some long range shooting.

List 3
sorc familiar BboS 105 (biomancy)
3x N spawn 108
Havocs 2 melta Rhino 130

Total 400
This ones tough spawn go and cause some mischief while sorcerer rides around with havocs smoking stuff, cultists go where they are needed with low expectations.

Which would you choose

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
List 2 is all around better. 4 more autocannon shots at this point level are nasty.
Also, wasn't combat patrol at 500 pts??

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
List 2 is all around better. 4 more autocannon shots at this point level are nasty.
Also, wasn't combat patrol at 500 pts??
That was also my train of thought nef.
It's the first part of a campaign, a 45 min game quick fire tournament to kick things off. It should be a blast as I think there's 18 players taking part.
My only worry is it's a bit too much. (something I never thought I would say in this edition.)
It all kicks off on Monday eve, so if admin sort out the uploader, I'll get some pics of my games up and probably some battle reports. Been loving playing on a regular basis again, so far 1 loss to blood angels and 3 wins from Guard, orks and space marines. I think the new book has given us a real boost.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry no time for pictures as the pace was to quick.

Game 1
Blood Angels
3 rapier heavy bolsters, 5 man death company with power sword, 5 man jump assault squad with flamer and some scouts. Turn 1 he shoots my Havocs and they run off the table. Cultists infiltrate onto a secondary objective in a building and can't be seen. My sorc unit decides to bring the pain. And BboS and then charge the unit of assault marines, then consolidated behind some cover on the other secondary objective the sorcerer gained a wound back from the boon result. Turn2 he sends the death company after the spawn and sorcerer, lose one from overwatch and then get slaughtered by my iron arm sorcerer. The scouts were too scared of the 10 man cultists and failed their charge. Game ends 4.1 Glory to chaos.
Iron arm
Smite
Infiltrate .

Game 2
Blood Angels
Sternguard in rhino with 2 Hflamers and some combi flamers, Devestators with 2 H bolters and 2 plasma cannons, and a 5 man taco squad in a rhino. Turn 1 yet again the havocs get shot and then run off the board. He shoots some cultists who make their leadership. Spawn unit move up, smite the Devs who then also run off the board. Turn 2 he moves one rhino and takes a big chunk out of the cultists with flamers and sends the sternguard rhino after the spawn who take a wound or two. My sorcerer then life leaches the rhino, and it explodes killing some sternguard in the process who then get charged and destroyed. Turn 3 his marines get out and try to take a chunk out of the cultists again, but miraculously they survive. The sorc spawn unit move to take on the remaining squad, smite takes them to 1 guy. Then the burning brand fails to kill him so I assault and fail to kill him. Game ends with a draw. He has one marine with a heavy flamer and a rhino.
Life leach
Smite
Hatred inc

Game 3
Doom legion (ultra marines)
Sternguard in rhino 3melta 2 combi flamer, power fist and a librarian, scouts with sniper and outflanking scouts with shotguns. Turn 1 he snipes my havocs and moves the rhino to primary objective. I move the cultist towards the sniper scouts who are sat on his secondary objective followed by spawn unit. turn 2 his rhino disembarks and flames the cultists dead to a man, the scouts come on just behind my havocs and do enough to make them run. My spawn then burn and charge the sternguard and the havocs regroup and do nothing. Turn 3 my spawn win combat and consolidate towards the sternguard rhino, he finishes off the havocs with the two squads of scouts. Spawn blow up rhino and this is where I miscalculated, thinking it was a draw I sat on the objective. Unfortunately I did not realise he was getting a point for line breaker otherwise I would have used the three remaining turns to kill his snipers. But hey ho you live and you learn.
Re roll boons
Hamorage

Game 4
Pre heresy thousand sons (adamantium will chapter tactics?)
Lvl 2 librarian Sternguard with some flamers and a power fist, a tac squad with a power sword and more flamers. Turn 1, finally I go first. I charge his sternguard unit and wipe all bar the librarian, the tac squad take 2 from the havocs and my cultists run for the secondary objective. His librarian perils and dies, he then counter charges the spawn with the tac marines who then get wiped, game ends. I lost 1 spawn and gained much glory for chaos.
Life leach
Preferred enemy

At the end of the evening the side of chaos is drawing with the imperium. So next week we start 1500 point cad games. So hopefully I can collect some more imperial skulls for khorne and the night haunter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Seems like your games went well - too bad for the scouts getting linebreaker in game 3. Also sounds like you Havocs were quite useless?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, they didn't pull their attack potential but all my opponents chose to go after them in a big way, leaving my power unit to decimate them. Each game if game had gone full length I would have tabled my opponent. The one I lost was a miscalculation on my part as I did not know about the line breaker vp. I didn't come against any blob lists but I think I could have outmanoeuvred them. The spawn unit was a winner for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts