Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a campaign weekend in May and need a 400pt list. I never normally play this and wonder if anybody has any ideas on CSM/Alpha legion.

My first thoughts are

6 man CSM squad, MOCU, infiltrate, Autocannon, Champ with powerfist.

401 points I think, I'll have to jiggle it to lose the point and I've no codex at work but you can see my thinking.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
What no Cultists?

Your squads come in at 128pts each, so 384pts at the moment.
It all seems fine if not a little bland, the Power Fists seem wasted coupled with Autocannons your only going to use one at a time so points are wasted each turn (Squads should have one job and do it well, IMO).

Why not go Plasmagun,Heavy Bolter for 15pts per squad so you can deal with horde and power armoured foes to give you a bit more adaptibilty. You could possibly squeeze a Kai Gun in on a Asp Champ instead of two of the power fists but it could be risky.

Cultist are name of the game for this lot (I have 3 squads of 20 in my Alpha legion but normally play 1500pts upwards.)
For 146pts you could have 20 of the blighters Inc Champ with power sword all with MOCU and frag. Then choose the Culitsts skill to suit your mood or mission for each game.
TCoW

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking powerfist as anti-marine and the autocannon as anti light vehicle.

I dont really like plasma guns in 400pts as they are a big chunk of points and capability to lose to own goals.

This is only a 400pt army but on the campaign weekends will at some point reinforce the 1500pt. I have two squads of 16 cultists in that force but I'm not convinced of thier utility in smaller games.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea yet but likely to be mostly marines with chunks of IG.

They are ussually teams of imperial players against teams made up of various xenos or chaos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts